Realization

Iden's Pov

Jack and go from house to house, handing presents to all the kids. As we head over to the next town, Jack speaks. "Iden, you are an amazing helper. Why, the more I get to know you, the more you seem to be my daughter's type!"

"Really?! You think she'll go on a date with me?" I ask with hope brimming in my chest. "Well. that would depend if she likes you. I can't control her life. But I can give her advice on what kind of people to date." Jack explains. I nod my head in understanding. Our heads snap to the sky as we see lights boom around us. "Oh, look they're celebrating!" Jack yells.

"Um, Jack? I don't think this is a celebration." I say cautiously.

Y/n

"Are you a gambling man, Sandy? Let's play." Oogie challenges. I look behind the monster of cloth. "Is that a leg?" I ask as I try to lift my arms to raise my body to get a better look. Oogie takes a look and sees the leg sticking out of a hole in a seductive way.

"My my. What have we here?" Oogie asks while elbowing Santa. He walks over to the leg.

I look over and see hands land on Santa's shoulders. One covered his mouth, the other pointed upward. We both look up to see Sally. "I'll save you." She softly calls out.

As Oogie's busy tickling Sally's foot, her hands untie us and she lets down a ladder. I rush Santa up first before following his lead. Before we make it to the top, a gust of wind hauls us back into the room with Sally following.

Iden's POV

A blast hits one of our reindeers and our stash. "They are trying to hit us! Zero!" I grip the coffin tightly, but a blast destroys the sleigh. "Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night." Jack calls out as we fall to the earth.

Y/n

We hear the news that Dad and Iden are gone. I weep silently as Oogie laughs at my tears. "Aw, looks like Daddy's ain't coming back, girlie." He mocks and goes back to work. "Y/n." Sally calls to me. I turn my head towards my new friend. "If we're going to die, there's something you should know."

Iden's POV

After the crash, I stitch myself back up and watch Zero put Jack together. When the jaw comes back on, the King begins to sing. 

What have I done? 

What have I done? 

How could I be so blind? 

All is lost, where was I? 

Spoiled all, spoiled all 

Everything's gone all wrong 

What have I done? 

What have I done? 

Find a deep cave to hide in 

In a million years they'll find me 

Only dust and a plaque 

That reads, "Here Lies Poor Old Jack" 

But I never intended all this madness, never 

And nobody really understood, how could they?

 That all I ever wanted was to bring them something great 

Why does nothing ever turn out like it should? 

Well, what the heck, I went and did my best 

And, by God, I really tasted something swell

 And for a moment, why, I even touched the sky 

And at least I left some stories they can tell, I did 

And for the first time since I don't remember when 

I felt just like my old bony self again 

And I, Jack, the Pumpkin King 

That's right, I am the Pumpkin King, ha, ha, ha

 And I just can't wait until next Halloween 

'Cause I've got some new ideas 

That will really make them scream 

And, by God I'm really gonna give it all my might 

Uh oh, I hope there's still time to set things right

 Sandy Claws, hmm

"Come, Iden! We have work to do!" I nod excitedly as we open a tomb. 

"GET AWAY FROM ME!" A voice booms and Jack gasps. "Y/n?" He then growls in realization. "Oogie better have not touched my little girl!" We both hop in to help out the princess of Halloween.