Chapter 149: (Edge of Defeat)

(Edge of Defeat)

*October 23rd, 1920*

*6:27pm*

Kazumi and Bartok stood in front of John Claude as their expressions were a mixture of rage, anger, and sadness due to Kaede's apparent "death" as the only noise where the wind and the cries of Anastasia and the others.

"It's truly a shame that Kaede has died but I'm sure that she'll be happy once she sees everyone in heaven..." John Claude had spoken to everyone as he cracked a smile which angered everyone even further as this made Anastasia release herself from Tatiana's arms as she stared back at her enemy with sheer rage yet sadness in her eyes.

"Why? Why can't you just leave us alone? A being like you should NEVER exist..." Anastasia had uttered coldly towards John Claude as her face was puffy and red due to crying while her overall expression was quite dead in which just made John Claude and Natasha smile even more.

"You wanna know why? I'll explain it to you and everyone here! You and your siblings were meant to DIE in that basement back in 1918! That damned Doc and Kaede interfered with history and brought you into the future! That's why! We're simply correcting history to the way it was. So be a good little girl and DIE!!" Natasha had answered back in a tone of anger yet joy as her angered expression turned into a smile as she stared back at the nearly broken Anastasia as this made Olga speak.

"We won't allow Kaede's death to go in vain. Kazumi and Bartok will defeat you and John once and for all! She had brought ALL of us this far. Tatiana, Maria, Anastasia, Alexei, Kazumi, Bartok, and Yelena. These wonderful people have truly blessed me and I will never forget their love and kindness. That's why I believe that Kazumi and Bartok will defeat John!" Olga had spoken as her tone was a mixture of sadness yet hope despite Kaede's "death" as this made John Claude raise an eyebrow in sheer confusion.

"It seems you're not broken it seems. That always annoyed me about you. You always had that attitude! That attitude that I hate so MUCH!!" John Claude had spoken back as he felt himself getting angry however he calmed himself by taking deep breaths.

"Olga is staying calm for the sake of us. I can tell she's visibly distraught by Kaede's passing yet she's remaining calm and motivated for OUR sake...." Maria thought to herself as more tears flowed down from her face as she continued to watch the current events that were going on.

"I'll be sure to send everyone straight to Heaven. NO! Hell. I'm sure that's where Kaede is anyway..." John Claude uttered back to Olga with a smile on his face as this angered Kazumi and Bartok greatly.

"YOU BASTARD!!!!!!" Kazumi cried out in great anger.

He charged directly towards John Claude with his sword in hand, however it was easily dodged by him which surprised Kazumi.

"Come on, you damned freak!!" Bartok cried out.

He attempted to deliver a punch towards John Claude as well, however it was also easily dodged by him as both opponents were in shock.

"We ain't done yet!!" Kazumi and Bartok cried out.

The pair sent a slew of punches and kicks towards John Claude however all of the attacks were easily dodged by him as this went on for a few more seconds as John Claude dodged each of the attacks as eventually Bartok leaped into the air.

"DRAGON'S ROAR!!!" Bartok cried out as his arm illuminated a greenish glow as a small dragon projected itself from his arm as it was sent flying towards John Claude's direction; however it was proven to be useless.

"I can easily dodge this one.." John Claude said to himself as he cracked a smile as he used his shield to destroy the Dragon's Roar as he leaped towards the air with great speed which caught Bartok by surprise.