six

tw panic attack

december 17th, 2020
10:29 am

george gasped, covering his mouth at the large email notification that read:

N.D.S

national death services.

george's hands shook, slowly clicking on the email.

"Dear George Davidson,"

george took a deep breath before he continued reading the email.

"we unfortunately have very bad news."

george's hand left his mouth, trying to stop his fall as he fell to his knees, but it didn't.

"As of today, December 17th 2020, starting at 10:30 am, you will pass away sometime in the next 24 hours."

he pushed himself against the wall; pulling his knees to his chest as he began shaking uncontrollably.

he hugged his knees as tears began spilling out of his eyes, his breathing quickened. his palms felt sweaty and his vision was blurry; partially from tears.

the brit trembled at what was wrote on his computer screen.

"We're agonizingly sorry to lose you, George."

he didn't even finish reading it, but when he saw the word 'unfortunately' it's a bit obvious as to what the rest of the message is going to say.

george's chest tightened as he tried to scream for dream, but he couldn't. his body grew exceedingly hot and tingly. his legs ached and felt like he'd never be able to use them again. his throat tightened as thousands of thoughts bolted through his head. 

i'm going to fucking die.

i'm only 18.

george felt sweat beading down his forehead, accompanied by tears streaming down his face. he sat in a panic. he couldn't move if he wanted to. his hands were stuck over his mouth, which made it harder to breathe than it already was, but who cares? i'm gonna die anyway. 

he could taste the few salty tears drip through his fingers and into his mouth. he let out a loud sob, praying that dream heard; as he couldn't call for help, given the circumstances.

i haven't finished college. shit, i haven't even started it yet. 

i've barely even lived.

dream's jaw dropped as he pushed open george's door, running over to the sobbing brit.

"george oh my god what happened?"

george didn't move, he didn't speak, he only looked at the lit computer screen, with his death message on it.

"shit," dream said a line of curses under his breath as he shot up, taking a few steps over to the computer and reading the message written on it.

"george.." dream sat next to the brit, pulling him into a tight hug. "it's going to be okay, george i promise, alright?" dream pulled away, looking george into the eyes. george's eyes darted all around the room, sobs still escaping his mouth.

"george please, breath with me okay? can you please do that?" dream encouragingly nodded his head, george slowly nodding his back.

dream took a deep breath in, holding it. george copied him as best he could. dream let the air escape his lips, so did george. this happened around 8 times, george had barely begun to calm down.

"okay count backwards in threes? from 100 can you do that?" george nodded slightly.

"ninty-seven, n-ninty-four.." george stuttered, dream tried his best to count with him, his heart ached at the sight of george like this. 

"dream.." george whispered, his eyes now locked on the the dirty blondes emerald green ones.

"george, honey, it's okay i promise you," dream whispered, almost quieter than a whisper. george could barely hear him over his own panting.

dream pulled george into a hug again, the brit crying into his chest.

dream pulled away from the hug, when he felt george's breathing begin to even out. he wiped away the few tears that were left.

i need to check my email, george."

"dream you don't... you don't think we're s-soulmates.. do you?" dream could see the pain in george's eyes saying this. god how he hoped they were.

"i don't know george, but i need to check my email, okay?"

george nodded, dream stood up and began signing into his email. george stayed shocked on the floor.

dream's hand shot over his mouth, "holy shit."