ten

december 17th, 2020
11:56 am

tiny pellets of water fell from the sky, replacing the light gray concrete with a dark gray hue.

dream sighed at the weather. "of course it has to rain on our last day."

"don't say that," george whispered.

dream mumbled a fond 'sorry'.

the rain drops fell faster, killing the mood more.

"what are we supposed to do? we're stuck here now." george groaned.

"no we're not," dream scoffed. "dance?" the american held his hand out, waiting for the brit to accept it.

george nodded his head, a bit discouraged, but accepted the offer regardless.

"there's not even any music.." george said, as he slowly took steps into the rain with his 'soulmate'. 

the water fell on the brit's head, causing hair to stick to his forehead.

"we don't need music," dream pulled george close, wrapping his arms around his waist. george reached his short arms over dreams neck, resting his head on his chest.

the two stood in the rain, ever so slowly moving; as dream hummed the melody of 'can't help falling in love' by elvis presley.

"wise men say
only fools, only fools rush in
oh, but i, but i, i can't help falling in love with you
shall i stay?
would it be, would it be a sin?
if i can't help falling in love with you
like a river flows
surely to the sea
darling, so it goes
some things, you know, are meant to be
take my hand
take my whole life too
for i can't help falling in love with you
yeah"

dream knew the lyrics, from many occasions his mother would play the song in the car, on the piano, whenever she got the chance she would play it. and he thought about the lyrics, painfully.

he related to them deeply, it almost scared him.

he thought about his new relationship with the boy in his arms.

dream truly couldn't help falling in love.

would it be a sin to stay?