What real love is

Akari's POV

I had planned two or more hours as I picked up another book from my shelf and threw it against the wall. Yuta told me to call him once I was done. Meanwhile, Youngjae had returned and was sent to his room right away on the pretext of having to face a busy day tomorrow. The door opened and Yuta walked in. "Any ideas?", he asked and I nodded. "It's actually pretty simple", I said, "Pretend to make him my guard tomorrow morning. My only guard. Leave him to me then. I'll talk to him, tell him I heard that you discovered him and that we both have to leave immediately. I will make him leave, trust me. Give us maybe twenty minutes. In the meantime, you have to make the impression of being out. And afterwards leave yourself." Yuta nodded slowly and then sighed: "I hope it works. I don't want to murder anyone if it isn't necessary." I agreed. "Anyways, thanks", he continued and smiled, "Seems like you will soon see your lovely Hui again." I grinned happily. "Isn't he a bit tiny for you though?", he teased me. "Hey!", I exclaimed and hit him, causing him to laugh. "He's still taller than me", I declared a bit pouty. "Okay, okay, sorry", he chuckled, "How exactly did you meet him by the way?"

After telling our story, Yuta still grinned teasingly. "What?", I asked confused. "Maybe I'll have to start sharing tickets as well", he shrugged. I rolled my eyes. "And you?", I turned the tables, "Do you have anyone?" He shook his head but then confessed: "Well, there is this girl... Sakura. She's really cool. I just don't know... I don't know if it's love or admiration." I tilted my head: "Well, if it's love, you'll figure out." He nodded and then asked me something I didn't expect: "How is it being in a real relationship? Like – not how it had been between us. You know..." "You mean one were it actually is highly possible to marry one day?", I clarified. He nodded. I leaned back and thought deeply before choosing my words: "Not that different at first. You see, having a crush on someone is always the same, not matter the outcome. You're on cloud nine, swooning over everything he does. And honestly that is pretty annoying to me, but I still was the same – enlightened but also annoyed at the same time. However, over time that changes. You'll lose your pink glasses and it either leads to a break-up – like between us – or it's starting to get serious. Real love isn't really something you could put in words. Maybe it's the really cliché 'Putting the needs of your significant other before your own without wanting anything back'. Which means both of you have to do that in order to make it work. Maybe it's the indescribable deep trust you start to have in the other one. You would give their life for them, yet also trust them with your life. Then again, you'll find shelter and the feeling of being home simply by someone's embrace. Love is so much and can be expressed in many ways. But the most suiting one might just be: 'He can be such an idiot sometimes, but somehow I want to spend the rest of my days with him because he makes me laugh and is interesting even after all this time. I don't know." I ended and shrugged. Could one ever really describe real love? "Maybe it also is the way of how you don't need someone around you every single second of your life, but you want him there for the most. And in the long run as well", I added.

------------------------------------------------------

Hui's POV

I sighed and picked up a framed photo from my bedside table. I took it together with Akari on our first date. I just hoped she was alright. But Youngjae seemed to be pretty convinced, she was alright. I remembered how she often teased me about how cliché I was as a boyfriend and yet again, when I confronted her with how he actually likes it, she always admitted it. Or how she scolded me for spending too much time with her making me neglect my friends. I smiled sadly. I couldn't say why but somehow, I knew she was alright. Maybe Yuto's constant reassurance of it made me believe that. Maybe it was some kind of connection. Whatever it was, I clinged to that thought. She just had to be alright. Without her, it felt like I didn't know how to live my life anymore. She was everything to me. With all the excitement going on, I haven't even realized how much I missed her. But now it hit me. "I'm kinda glad my sister has found such a caring boyfriend", Yuto's words echoed in my mind, "I think I might accept you into the family, Hui." "Tomorrow", I whispered, "Tomorrow I will see you again."

--------------------------------------------------

Yuta's POV

I looked at Akari. She fell asleep while we were talking and I had put the blanket over her just now. "You're really lucky", I sighed, "Not that I would hate my life or anything. But you have one big advantage that I don't have. I can't just run around freely and meet people. I always have to think about how somebody might know or even hate me. I have to be careful." When I left I remembered how she talked about Hui. Her eyes were sparkling and I found myself asking if she ever looked that happy when she talked about me. But that wasn't the point. That was over now. I could feel her honesty and love when it came to him and it made me happy for her. She had managed to move on. I might have lost a girlfriend, but the last few days proved me that I still had a friend in her. Even though I kidnapped her and made her hate me for it, she helped me out now. To her advantage as well, but still... I knew I could always come to her. I could trust her. Hui better was good to her. I chuckled slightly. Hearing her today and knowing how realistic her world view was, especially her knowledge of people, I knew he was perfect for her. Good for her.