Unexpected turns

Hui's POV

We sat around my kitchen table once again and for the first time since all this started, things seemed to go well. "So, we overestimated Yuta's gang. Why would he take along only so few guards with him? Like – seven people? We can easily deal with them. I don't trust that. There must be more to it, especially if it comes to a hostage", Yongguk summarized our talks beforehand. A thought struck my mind: "Would it be enough for a bank rob though?" "You mean he didn't even plan on kidnapping someone?", Daehyun guessed and I nodded. "Well, it's possible", Yuto agreed. "But why did he kidnap Akari then?", Yongguk intervened. We looked at each other clueless.

----------------------------------------------

Akari's POV

"So that is the real reason why you kidnapped me?", I asked baffled and Yuta nodded. "I'm sorry", he added but I shook my head: "I mean, I get it. I would have done the same thing. But I don't get this though: Why kidnap me in case you need to blackmail my family when you actually do know that I got abandoned by them?" He shrugged his shoulders: "I trusted that you would have a good idea. In return I'd have let you go." I nodded slowly. "Yuta?" "Hm?" "I'm sorry." "What for?" "Even though I am not responsible, I am still part of my family. And hearing how they suppress your family to a point where you need to rob a bank in Seoul, is not really... pleasant." "At least they left us our core area. But if we don't want to be taken over, this deal needs to work. We will have to use the money to get our neighbours support." "Are you sure it will work without anyone getting damaged?" Yuta nodded: "I am absolutely convinced." "Okay", I answered and gave him a small smile, "I am rooting for you." He smiled back: "Thanks." "However, let's make this plan work", I said and bend over his papers.

--------------------------------------------

Hui's POV

"That is not important right now", Yuto finally interrupted the thoughtful silence, "It's only seven guards. We have to try and get her out." We nodded in agreement. "Should I go get Jongup and Junhong then?", Daehyun asked and Yongguk nodded. "And then we will discuss on who to place where and what to do", he continued before turning to me: "You will come along. But you won't come inside with us. Just be reachable in case we need you." I nodded. "They'll be here in a few minutes", Daehyun informed us. I stood up: "Anyone else who needs some coffee?" Everyone nodded. "It's been some sleepless nights too much for me", Yuto confessed. "Same", I yawned. I just hoped to have Akari back soon.

---------------------------------------------

Yuta's POV

I looked at Akari sitting on the floor in front of her bed. She was highly concentrated and some hair strands fell over her eyes while her brows were being furrowed. Once again, I realized how beautiful she was. Not the kind of beauty you'd expect but the one you only saw once you looked twice. But if you did, she was stunning. Yet, it wasn't like I was still in love with her. She felt like... like a sister maybe. Not a younger one that I needed to protect because I knew what she was capable of. Not an older one as well because even though I came to her when I needed advice she still felt even to me. She was more like a lost twin maybe.

"Okay, look here", she said and I bend over the papers as well. Akari had drawn multiple lines over the map of Seoul. "These are possible ways to the airport. You said you'd have men over there as well?" I nodded and she continued: "You could take the main road which is a very high risk." Her fingers followed the according street. "Even if they didn't see your face, they could still check anyone headed for the airport. They heard us talking in Japanese. So, the ways left are the ones I marked. I drew circles around the high-risk places. To your luck, I still see my surroundings with the eyes of a possible head of a mafia gang. And I know Seoul quite well. However, I would recommend this route", she said and pointed to a blue line with almost no circles. "You'd reach the airport over sideways and just need to find a good way inside." I nodded and agreed: "That's pretty good." She beamed proudly and confessed: "I like organizing things like this." As she saw my gaze upon her, she swiftly added: "But I still don't want to go back, mind you." Then she leaned back against her bed frame and closed her eyes. Satisfied, she said: "I'd just like to go back to Hui and live a peaceful life with him. I am organizing stuff in my job later on anyways." I sat next to her. "Really? What are you about to do?", I asked. "Event management", she smiled. I grinned. Very suiting.

We got interrupted by a knock at the door. "Yes?", I asked and as the door opened, my most trusted colleague, Haru, looked at us. If he was being confused about how casually we were sitting next to each other, he didn't show it. "It's important", he said and motioned me to come outside. Sighing I got up and followed him. "So?", I asked after closing the door behind me. "It's about our newbie Youngjae. I always had a bad feeling about him, remember? One of my old friends here saw him leaving our base with me today. I had promised to take him along into the city. As I came back, my friend told me where he really is from. He's a cop, Yuta."

---------------------------------------------

Hui's POV

I stared at the piece of paper in front of me. All the others already left. Only I was still up, studying the plan for tomorrow. Amazed by the strategy, I had gone silent during the planning. I couldn't shake off the feeling that even Yuto was somehow involved in the good old criminal chase. I just wasn't sure which side he was on. But his word showed great knowledge and experience. What in the world was Akari's family about?

----------------------------------------------

Akari's POV

I hummed while organizing Yuta's papers. As he came back in, I smiled at him. However, my smile froze as I saw his face. I dropped the papers and walked over to him. "What happened?", I asked. He lead me over to my bed and sat down, patting the space next to him. After I seated myself next to him, he said: "We have an underdog, Akari." My jaw dropped and cautiously, I asked: "What will you do?" "What do you think?" Mafia's usually kill traitors, I knew that. If they were being nice. I shivered. "Please don't", I whispered. "Do I have a choice?", he asked. "Give me a chance to find another way then", I suggested. "Be fast then", he sighed and I nodded. I would try my very best.