Mafia-Mode

Hui's POV

I glanced over to Akari who was completely focused on her plan. She leaned back and let out a deep sigh. "You sure this works?", she asked Youngjae. "It's our only chance", he replied, "We have to get him out before he gets transferred to a better secured jail. And that could be the case tomorrow morning already." Akari bent back to her paper with a grunt while I looked outside the window. We were lucky to get stuck in the traffic. Everyone was heading to their workplaces already. I yawned. Suddenly I felt my girlfriend leaning on to me. As I looked over, she had closed her eyes and mumbled: "It better works. I can't come up with anything else; my brain's fried already." "It will", Yuto assured her. Without a word, I lay my arm around her. I still didn't get why she wanted to help Yuta. I got the whole eternal friendship-thing, but I couldn't help but wonder if she still had feelings for him. She nudged me and I realized she had been looking at me. "He's like my brother", she whispered for only us to hear. Still doubting, I shrugged my shoulders and looked outside the window again.

A bit later, we got reunited with the rest of the group. Yuto strechted himself and then turned to Yongguk. "I am not personally needed anymore, am I?", he asked and yawned, "I mean, after all I wasn't even supposed to be here." Yongguk shook his head. "Then I might just want to leave if that's cool with you guys. I am dead tired." Everyone agreed and Yuto left. That had been the first obstacle. Now, Akari and I had to play our parts. My girlfriend cleared her throat, making everyone look at her. "Youngjae still hasn't answered enough questions since we got dragged away a lot. May I continue my interrogation?" The guys looked at her a bit confused, but eventually gave in. I took a deep breath. Showtime.

--------------------------------

Yuta's POV

I watched Akari with furrowed brows as she nodded satisfied and turned to Youngjae. She didn't even spear me a look. "Let's go already", the guy referred to as Yongguk said to me and grabbed my wrist. As we started to move, I realized Hui slowing down his pace to walk beside me. I prepared myself for a minor hate speech. But what followed was nothing like I thought it was. "Nervous?", he asked. I furrowed my brows before slowly shaking my head. "Don't let them see your anxiety, huh?", he continued. Somehow this sounded familiar. "You shouldn't always count on your coolness, Yuta Nakamoto", he scolded me. I looked at him really confused. It had been a game between Akari and me. Whenever we encountered trouble, she would turn to me asking me if I am nervous. I would answer with "Don't let them see your anxiety" while she would roll her eyes – sometimes jokingly, sometimes honest – and tell me to not trust my coolness to much while calling me by my full name. That could only mean... Hui was trying to tell me something. Something about Akari's plans. So... He actually helped me? I snapped out of my thoughts as he continued: "This isn't a game, you know? Not like hide-and-seek or whatever. Think about it, where could you even hide anyways? Under your pillow?" He laughed awkwardly while I blinked confused. However, I got the message. "Sure, whatever", I muttered into his direction and he started to pick up a faster pace again to reach Akari.

We always had codewords, this being just another one of them. "Let's play a game." "Life's a game." "This isn't a game." Whatever. If one of us said a "game", we secretly agreed on a strategy: Let's pretend we're not friends. Distracting them with bickering, the one opposing "the game" would pretend to change sides for a bit to take them down in a surprise attack. So, Akari and seemingly also Hui was on my side. Judging from the division on the cars, I could even count on Yuto and Youngjae. However, I wasn't sure about that and I didn't want to risk it. That leaves the hide and seek-part. Though not fully sure, I guessed that Akari had found a way to hide something under the cell's pillow.

-------------------------------------

Hui's POV

I let go off a breath as I reached the other two and discreetly showed a thumbs up. A smile formed on Akari's face and she pecked my cheek. "I am never letting you go again", she smiled at me. As we stepped inside, I turned to Youngjae, asking him about a toilet and he showed me the right one. I went inside and saw the window. Locking the door, I climbed up and put the small stick Akari had picked up, seemingly in deep thought, between the window and the frame. Okay. My part was almost done. I flushed, washed my hands and strolled over to the rest again.

----------------------------------------

Akari's POV

As I watched Hui coming back, I smiled lovingly. "Aight, I will leave with Youngjae and Hui then to ask the rest of my questions", I stated and looked over to Youngjae. "Ah, sure, if that's fine with Yongguk?", he asked and the appointed one nodded. Perfect. "We'll have to interrogate Yuta first anyways", Daehyun shrugged. Just like we had thought. I looked over to the guy in cuffs and send him a look that – again – probably only he knew: "Do whatever you want. It doesn't matter if you cooperate or not." As I looked at him, I knew he understood and turned back to Youngjae: "So, where are we heading to now?"

Like planned, he lead us to the area right before the guarding desk for the cells. "Yo, Eunkwang", Youngjae greeted his colleague, "You still have a cell left for our criminal?" "You caught him finally?", the other one replied and we nodded in unison. "Congrats. I guess I'll give him apartment three then", Eunkwang said. "Are the others full already?", Youngjae asked innocently and his friend shook his head: "Nobody wants to rest here, I'm afraid." I grinned. Those two had humour. "However, does anyone want coffee?", Youngjae asked. And just as planned, Eunkwang agreed. "No thanks", I smiled as he turned to me, "I always start feeling unwell afterwards." After Youngjae left with our order, I sighed relieved. I still didn't know what was weirder: Youngjae having laxatives with him or mixing it into a police officer's coffee.

Fast forward a bit, I still tried my best to come up with some kind of question. Suddenly Eunkwang started to look uncomfortable and only a bit later, he turned to Youngjae, asking him to keep the cell keys and all in check while he wanted to go to the toilet. "Of course, no worries", Youngjae smiled. Hui took out his phone after Eunkwang left and sent a short text to Yuto: "Now." He would come up now, pretending he forgot my keys. Then I took Hui's phone. I haven't stopped working on my IT-skills just because I quit the mafia business. Throwing in my next question, I tiptoed over to Eunkwang's laptop to plug in the phone. I started typing while Hui and Youngjae were carrying on the conversation. "Heureka", I whispered after hacking into the systems successfully. Not a second too late, Yuto was by our side. I signalled him a three and he walked over to the keys, taking the one for number three and after I gave him the signal rushed inside. Menawhile, I had frozen the camera recording that showed the cells in a way it wouldn't be recognizable to anyone else but an actual expert. A bit later, Yuto was outside again, I threw him my keys and unfroze the screens. A picture of the number three cell keys later, my brother left and I returned to my friends, waiting for Eunkwang. For now, we were done.