Chapter 27

Blessing POV

flash back from the night 

As I looked at her phone a picture of Aubren appeared they said she was rushed to the hospital and had been hit by a car. I rushed to the hospital with just slippers on. When I got there I was screaming for Aubrey and Aubren and for somebody to help I couldn't stop crying. 

"Mommy" Aubrey cried running into my arms "what happened?" I asked "me and Aubren was just playing outside and the ball went into the street so she, she" she to catch her breathe "it ok, breathe" I said she nodded "Before I could tell dad she was already in the street and a car was coming it hit her. It's all my fault" I hugged her "no baby it's not your fault" I cried. Then a lady and two guys came up to us "Hi Ma'am. I'm Angela from Child Services" I looked at her confused I held Aubrey close to me understanding why she was there "no, uh uh you are not talking my babies from me. I'm a great mother , I have a roof over my head, food, money, they have clothes on there back. They're fine" I explained "I'm Sorry ma'am we're gonna have to take them" the lady said Aubrey started to cry and so did I "Your not taking my babies" I argued.

I snapped back into reality they were really gone my pride and joy I had no motivation to go to work or live to be honest but I still tried. They placed them in the custody of my grandmother so that wasn't as bad as knowing they were with a stranger. We still talked on the phone every night and morning.