「 03; Articles 」

▬▬▬▬

Shutters and flickers of cameras, all surrounds the boy. Riki just stood inside campus grounds with journalists and photographers crowding him.

"What happened after the competition yesterday?"

"Did you see anyone last night?"

"Was the legend actually fake?"

"Thoughts about you being second place?"

Riki was struggling to move and breath noticing that they probably won't leave. The boy started panicking as the lights won't leave his sight. Questions he didn't want to answer, going through his ears.

"Leave him alone! What about the second placer for singing, Lee Heeseung??"

With that, they all left him alone with Jake who went to comfort him. People like them were so obsessed with answers not thinking about how the person was feeling at the moment.

"thank you, but what about Heeseung hyung?"

"don't worry! his classes start early so they probably won't get allowed to interview him..

may i ask, did something actually happened last night"

"well i couldn't remember anything to be honest.."

The older sighed in relief whilst the younger dusted his clothes, heading off to his classroom. Riki still can't get the images of flashes and the voices of curiosity off his mind. But there was one more thing far worse than that..

🎶

"go away! leave me please!!"

Footsteps getting nearer as the wind becomes cooler. A dead end right behind him realizing he ran out of moves.

"I'll do anything just please don't go near me!"

From the rooftop where he stood, his tears were falling down and so is his body.

~

His cheeks were soaked with tears as he stood up. It was another dream, he thought. About a week has passed after the contest and he's been getting delusions and nightmares of that figure. Each of them were different but all had the same ending, dying.

Therapy sessions won't help him at this point. They would think he was going mad. Riki thinks that he was crazy. Though he didn't recall much of the 'nightmare' after the competition. Only remembered what the figure looked like.

The boy then decided to take a little stroll around the park. He needed some place to empty his mind whether it would be this late at night.

As he roamed around the park, he saw a boy sitting on a bench. Humming a soft tune, rocking his feet back and forth. To Riki, his body seemed unreal. When he looked closely, the boy was gone. He rubbed his eyes and he was back. A wash of deja vu hitting him.

"Nishimura Riki, am I right?"

"how do you─"

Riki got taken aback as that boy was somehow behind him. Giving a back hug and resting his chin on the younger's shoulder. Confusion written all over his face.

"you're the person in my dreams.." He stated with an anxious voice.

"you're a smart one Riki. Although our meet up in the alleyway wasn't fantasy"

It's as if his memories came back. He remembered everything. From the light post to the red line. And those last words giving him goosebumps. The other knew what Riki was thinking. It was entertaining messing with his mind.

"..but what do you want from me?"

"nothing!" The other started to being clingy which started making Riki annoyed.

"Nothing?? you were trying to kill me"

The younger flinched after feeling arms around his waist pulling him tighter. He turned back to the person behind, who looked at him with clueless face and his mesmerizing orbs.

"Let go of me will you!"

"aww you're no fun"

Riki fixed his clothes after that sudden cuddle session. About to go, his wrist was grabbed by the other.

"just so you know, we'll meet again soon."

▬▬▬▬

── haha