「 06; A Warning 」

▬▬▬▬

The week after, everything has been going fine. The duo submitted their essay and suprisingly got pretty good scores. People around the school noticed that Minjun was mostly not around the campus anymore which made Riki worried. Worried that something happened to him.

Rumors would spread around the building especially one that is about Sunoo and Riki, hanging out together. They truth behind it is only because of their schoolworks or when they feel like it, nothing deep. Oh the power the newspaper club has.

Right now, Riki is sitting on the grassy field, with the tree as his form of shade. Watching other students have bright smiles on their faces as they go with others. The boy felt lonely thinking about someone who's sadly not present at the moment.

Sound of footsteps nearing behind, startling him.

"Riki?"

"hyung stop appearing out of nowhere, it scares me" Sunoo chuckled at the younger's response, knowing it's a common habit of his.

"you look bothered, what's wrong?"

The older sat down beside him. Wrapping an arm around his shoulder.

"it's just that jake hyung isn't gonna be coming to school for three or four days.. he's sick"

Riki looked down and started fiddling with his fingers, not knowing what to do. Sunoo was there to reassure him but his mind is getting bothered by something else.

"Riki, if it's okay with you, can you come explore the school forest with me?"

"is that even allowed? i mean it's still lunch time.."

"you have me though"

Glancing at him for a while, he gave in and stood up to accompany the older.

Walking, side by side, the duo felt calm and at peace once they entered the forest. It was a lovely place to explore in. Their minds, both empty, as they unconsciously follow the path not knowing where it'll lead to. All that one boy knows is that he'll be facing a familiar face.

Not long after, a strong gush of wind hit them. Sunoo halted his steps as he looked back to the younger. The last thing Riki heard was a little snap before passing out.

"Sunoo."

He turned his head the other way, seeing an old friend.

"hyung, did you miss me?" Showing his glistening eyes while his expression is full of sarcasm.

"cut the act sunoo"

The said person rolled his eyes not interested in the conversation. His arms were crossed as he's waiting for the man to continue on with his words.

"You broke your deal Kim Sunoo"

"Oh we're using full names now"

The man scoffed at the boy. Sunoo really is not giving a fvck about what the other said.

"and for your information, no i did not."

"are you sure? We saw what you did"

Sunoo went closer to the man with a slight grin visible on his face. He looked unfazed but his orbs were shaking a bit.

"you do know I'm known for keeping promises right? how can i break one's trust if that person is oh so dear to me"

The boy moved back, seeing that the man had disappeared into thin air. A smile of success forming.

🎶

"where am i?"

He heard the younger finally waking up. Riki examined his surroundings noticing that he's in his dorm.

"Sunoo hyung, what happened to me?"

"you fainted a while ago then i took you to the clinic. the nurse said that both of us are excused for the day."

Riki looked at the clock on the wall, illustrating that it's 2:03 p.m. at the moment. The boy clearly can't recall what happened before passing out.

"uhm hyung? can you leave for a while, i need some time alone.."

The older got confused but he did what was he asked.

Riki's mind is getting fuzzy. Questions with unknown answers flooded his thoughts.

Why did Sunoo asked him to accompany him?

What's in the school forest?

And what is Sunoo to him..?

Riki felt lost. It's like all of a sudden, some of his memories vanish. It's like he can't exactly remember anything. And it always happens when he's with him.

▬▬▬▬

── another character?

and what actually happened to riki?