「 05; Massacre 」

▬▬▬▬

tw: bl0od

Corpses around the theater, surrounding the boy. Looking down, his palms stained with blood.

"..i didnt do ..this?"

A broken piano on the stage. A blurry and unfamiliar figure above the instrument. Looking up to the ceiling, he was met with a falling object.

~

Riki woke up with beads of sweat trickling down his forehead. He pulled out his hands out of the blanket to see that it was still clean as before.

"what kind of a dream was that.."

"Riki!"

"Jake hyung?"

"Yeah, so uhh you're the school's main topic today"

"wait what??"

"don't you remember yesterday? you saved that new student─ why did you even save him? do you know him perhaps?"

"Nope."

"You legit dragged him to the clinic"

"that doesn't mean i know him personally, he's a walking red flag."

"whatever, be careful later cause all eyes are on you"

Jake patted the younger's shoulder and proceeded to his class. Riki went the opposite way since his classroom was located there.

"For your assignment, you'll be working in pairs and create an essay about the historical events that happened in your assigned country. The groupings will be your seatmate, the person beside you.

Then pick a representative between the two of you to come up here and pick a piece of paper. Open it and you'll see the country you are assigned to. Is that clear?"

To Riki's luck, he was paired with Sunoo. The older looked at him and tilted his head, pointing to the the front. Riki sighed then stood up to find out which country they're getting.

'France'

"I should've paid more attention in class.."

Riki went back to his seat where Sunoo was waiting for him. He told him what country they had and well, the older was excited.

"So hyung, at my dorm?"

"Fine by me"

🎶

The two now arrived at Riki's dorm to work on their assignment there. His dorm was slightly messy, seeing the pillow around and some plastic wrappers on the floor.

"uhh sorry for the mess.." Riki scratched the nape of his neck in embarrassment.

"it's okay! we can work in your bedroom instead"

"sure"

"So an essay about the country France.." Riki mumbled to himself not knowing how to start the document.

"we should research about it and note down the topics alright?"

The younger nodded and silence took over as they both were focused on their work. There were a lot of things that happened in that country's history. Whether it would be a part of the world war or how they built their landmarks.

While scrolling through the images of event that happened before, one caught Riki's eyes.

"Massacre at the Palais Garnier..?"

"isn't that one of the most known opera houses in the world?"

"shit hyung you scared me.."

Sunoo chuckled at the boy's reaction then went closer to the screen. Riki squinted his eyes to look at the article closer.

"Today, hundreds of people has been slaughtered during the international opera competition. Only about 7 people survived and are injured as of the moment. They said that it was a public slaughter. They could see what the killer looked like but can't describe it clearly. Sometimes, the lights would turn off causing more people to panic and die. But one....      The guy said that it was a boy named─

and it got caught off"

The younger sighed, his curiosity getting the best of him that he's possibly going to investigate what happened.

"Riki you don't need to find out about the continuation of the text.. it's in the past anyways"

"alright but I'm adding the first part to our essay"

~

▬▬▬▬

▬▬▬▬

── the plot is thickeninggg

#gaslight #gatekeep