𝐢𝐱. 𝐥𝐞𝐭'𝐬 𝐠𝐞𝐭 𝐦𝐚𝐫𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐝

NINE" 𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒔 𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒊𝒔 𝒃𝒂𝒔𝒊𝒄𝒂𝒍𝒍𝒚 𝒐𝒖𝒓 𝒄𝒉𝒊𝒍𝒅 "━━━━━━ ✗ ━━━━━━━

NINE
" 𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒔 𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒊𝒔 𝒃𝒂𝒔𝒊𝒄𝒂𝒍𝒍𝒚 𝒐𝒖𝒓 𝒄𝒉𝒊𝒍𝒅 "
━━━━━━ ✗ ━━━━━━━

"THE PARK?" Talia questioned Nick as they approached Sunnyvale's beautiful park. She gave him a questioning look, wondering what could be so important that he stole her away from her students. But then again, those students didn't mind one bit. Nick didn't say a word instead just exited out of his squad car, quickly jogging to the passenger side to open the door for his girl. Once opened, he held his hand out for her to grab, which she did, and he helped her out. "Yes, but it's the par-"

"I know what park it is" Talia cut him off as she turned to look at him, he chuckled when he noticed the slightly annoyed look on her face. Nick's only motivation for bringing her to the park was because he just wanted to spend a bit of time together before having to go back to the long hours of his job. Yes, they still saw each other at times but only for short amount of times, well not really short, he only tends to exaggerate when he's away from her for so long. The park in Sunnyvale was an important part of their life, to them both of them. As teenagers, they had dates there or just plainly went there when they wanted to get away from their problems for a couple hours. Once again, Nick didn't speak and only continued to walk towards the white painted gazebo that sat in the middle of the whole area.

Talia, who was confused, followed right behind him. "You know, it's rude to leave your wife wondering why you brought her here" She said not realizing when he stopped walking and walked right into him. She stumbled a bit, before catching her balance and soon made her way to stand next to him, seeing as he was only staring at the gazebo right in front of them.

"Not long ago, they wanted to get rid of this and you know, build a new one in it's place.." Nick started and a look of panic took over Talia's face.

"What? No, this place is too impor-"

"Don't worry, I convinced them not to and I even purchased it, to keep them from touching it. It now belongs to me and you" Nick said slowly and calmly cutting Talia off mid sentence. She didn't even mind that he interrupted her, because his comment made her feel instantly better. The gazebo held so many important memories for the two of them, if they were to destroy it, she would just be crushed. Talia then realized what he said and looked at him, both impressed and shocked. "Purchased it? You can do that?"

"I had Will find a way around it" Nick replied with a small smirk on his face which only made her giggle lightly. Perks of his brother being the Mayor. They still stood in front of the gazebo quietly, but then Talia decided to go ahead and step into it. She made her way to the middle and then turned around to look at Nick, standing still and making eye contact with him. "Last I remember we haven't been able to come back since we're so busy with work, last time we were here, well.." Talia trailed off and smiled at Nick, waiting for him to finish her statement. He was paying attention, but he couldn't seem to take his eyes off of her, she was just so breathtakingly beautiful. "Last time we were here, I asked you to marry me" He said, a proud smile on his face as he finally made his way towards her.

They now stood directly in the middle of the gazebo, facing one another, both with loving smiles on their face. Talia Souza and Nick Goode, two people with shared history and trauma. Back when they were teenagers, Talia would've never guessed that it would be Nick that she would eventually love for the rest of her life, but she just felt that he was the one. She was so drawn to him, she could never explain it. Even when they were just friends in the beginning, she felt so at peace with him, with him she just felt safe, it was odd to her most times. But at the end of the day she wouldn't change him for anything in the world. They always knew of each other growing up, but they didn't exactly speak to one another until the year of 78'.

"Why don't we get married?" Talia blurted out, getting a confused look and chuckle from the tall man in front of her. "We are going to?" Nick replied

"No.. I mean let's just go to the courthouse, get it over with" She replied but the confusion never leaving his face. He definitely wanted to, he wanted her to have his last name, wanted her to finally move in with him, but he also knew she always dreamed about her wedding day. And he wanted to make sure she got everything she's every dreamed of, because after what she's been through, in his eyes she deserves it. She's deserves the world.

"You want the wedding remember? The beautiful white dress, your father walking you down the isle, plus we have it all planned out remember? Trust me, I want to, but I also want you to have you dream wedding. With your friends and family all around you" Nick said, placing his each of his hands on her shoulders rubbing them in a loving and reassuring way. "With the things you've been through.. the thing with your mom, your brother, camp, Parker, everything, I just wanted to make sure you get it all" He adds watching as tears slowly filled her eyes at the things he mentioned. She smiles at him, slowly cupping his face in her small hands and his heart did flips at the gesture

"I know you do Nick, but I don't need all of that to proclaim my love for you. I promise you, I won't even regret it" And it was true, she only regretted not thinking of the idea sooner. Ecstatic, Nick quickly pulled Talia in for a loving kiss that didn't last long due to her giggling at his reaction. He was her everything and she was his. Fate had brought them together and they never wanted to let each other go. She wanted to finally marry him and start the life they've want together for a long time.

"We'll get married, have kids, have grandkids, we'll have it all" Nick commented as he rested his head on her's and his comment instantly made her heart drop. There were so many things they agreed on in the past, keeping secrets from one another was a big, no. But she had a secret kept from him, not because she wanted to, mainly because she never knew how to even approach the subject. So, she decided to just try and blurt it out now. But before she could speak, Nick's radio went off.

"Sheriff, do you copy?"

Talia mentally rolled her eyes at the sound of those words, this wasn't the first time a moment of theirs was ruined because of that dumb radio. Nick looked at her, giving a small 'sorry' before responding. "I copy"

"There was a car accident, with Shadyside High School's and Sunnyvale students involved"

Those words were enough to make Talia eyes go wide, if they could pop out of her head then they definitely would have. She didn't think twice before quickly walking away from their spot in the gazebo and back to Nick's squad car, Nick following closely behind, the sound of her heels clicking against the concrete being the main thing Nick heard. Nick was quick enough to speed past her as they approached the vehicle, quickly opening the door for her so she could hop in and before she did, she repeated his comment from before, but with annoyance and worry laced in her tone.

"How much trouble could they possibly cause on a school bus, right?"

AUTHORS NOTE
just some talia and nick fluff before it all goes down :(
but oh what they could have been if nick wasn't evil but also,, if you like obx you should check out my other book i published <3