𝐢. 𝐞𝐱𝐜𝐢𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐬𝐮𝐠𝐠𝐞𝐬𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐬

ONE " 𝒘𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝒆𝒙𝒂𝒄𝒕𝒍𝒚 𝒂𝒓𝒆 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒂𝒔𝒌𝒊𝒏𝒈? "━━━━━━ ✗ ━━━━━━━

ONE
" 𝒘𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝒆𝒙𝒂𝒄𝒕𝒍𝒚 𝒂𝒓𝒆 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒂𝒔𝒌𝒊𝒏𝒈? "
━━━━━━ ✗ ━━━━━━━

"NICK? ARE YOU NEARBY?" Talia called out loudly, hoping that her fiancé heard her. She was sure that he was probably cooking dinner for the two of them, but she was in dear need of finding a red marker. She continued to look through the drawers in his desk, finding every other color but red. She silently cursed at herself for forgetting to bring an extra one from her classroom and decided to give up.

Here she was grading test papers when she and Nick decided that the night would be just the two of them, seeing as they haven't been able to spend much time together. Since Nick Goode is the Sheriff and she is an English teacher at Shadyside High School. Talia sighed before throwing the red marker she already had into the trash bin next to Nick's desk, quickly walking out into the hallway to make her way towards the kitchen.

But she was stopped as soon as she ran into Nick's tall figure, nearly falling back until she felt his arms wrap around her small figure. "Marker ran out again?" He questions, his low voice sending goosebumps throughout her body. But she nodded and looked up, looking him in the eyes. "I was nearly finished"

Nick chuckled before reaching into his back pocket and pulling out a red marker, holding it in front of her face. "I saw it in my office at work, reminded me of you" He commented watching as a large smile appeared on her face, she looked him in the eyes once again before planting a soft kiss on his lips.

"You're a lifesaver" She whispered before grabbing it from his hand, running back into his study to finish grading those English tests she left on his desk.

"You know, I really wish you could grade those later, seeing as I missed you and you missed me" Nick spoke as he followed Talia into his study. He watched as she sat back down behind the desk, quickly sorting through the papers in front of her. "Well I could have but you just had to give me the marker" She smirked at him before readjusting her glasses which sat upon her face. "I have three left, I promise" She added as she removed the cap off of the marker.

Nick gave a small smile before seating himself in one of the cozy chairs that sat on the other side of his desk. Stretching and letting out a big sigh, trying to get her attention somehow, but she definitely wasn't budging. "I'm starting to think you like those children more than me"

"Oh please, I love you all the same" She answered scanning through the test that was currently in her hands. Nick was about to respond to her comment but a gasp left her lips, making him go quiet. He sat up and watched as she put 'A+' excitingly on the test paper in front of her. Talia held up the paper for Nick to see and waved it around happily. "My student Simon, was absolutely nervous for this test, but with the extra studying I allowed him to do, he aced it! I'm so proud of him" She said sighing happily before adding a smiley face on the test paper.

"You know darling, you're love for those children never fails to impress me" Nick started before sitting back in his chair with a smile on his face, happy at the sight of his future wife. He knew that every time Talia bonded with a child that she would definitely make sure that they knew that they weren't alone and she would make sure they knew that she cared and loved them deeply. And that if they ever needed her, she would always be there no matter what. "We are to be married soon also and when that comes you know what comes after that — right?"

"Children" Talia answered putting the cap back on the marker, setting it down then quickly grabbing all of her test papers before setting them back into the folder which sat right beside her. Talia sighed before removing her glasses, setting them down on the desk and giving Nick an unsure look. "Honestly Nick, do you think we could have one right now? I mean we work so much and —"

"Do you want kids?" Nick cut her off before she could finish her sentence, unsure if she even wanted a child or not. Talia's eyes went slightly wide realizing what was going through his mind and she quickly arose from her seat and walked towards him. When she reached him she slowly sat on his lap and grabbed his face softly in her hands. Admiring his facial features and giving him a soft smile.

She took Nick into her arms, giving him a tight hug. Talia did want kids, she wanted to experience motherhood, to be able to protect and care for the child who would call her "mommy". But all she felt right now, was guilt. Guilty— all because she didn't have the courage to tell Nick the facts that she knew. She knew that she would tell him eventually but it would definitely not be now.

"Tell you what—" She spoke as she left go of him and looked at him once again with a smile. "How about we eat dinner first, because i'm starving"

Nick chuckled as he looked at the woman he loved smile so widely at him, every time he looked at her she would just take his breath away, he was always admiring her. "Then after dinner we'll see where that leads us.. because yes, I do want children with you" She said shyly

Nick stared at her for a second before slowly leaning in, giving her a soft kiss which she gladly accepted. Which soon broke when a small yelp left Talia's lips as she felt him quickly adjusting her as he stood up. He was now carrying her bridal style which only made her laugh. "We're skipping the dinner part, aren't we?"

"We'll eat after" Nick responded with a smile as he made his way to the bedroom.

AUTHORS NOTE
it's alright i hope, i haven't written a story in such a long while so hopefully i'm still decent
and fyi talia knows nothing about what he did/does, she's just a precious, happy girl in love