Chapter 5

"Madison you've been out for 20 minutes longer than your shift!" Tim scorned angrily, "What the hell were you doing?!". I flinched back at his harsh tone, I know I shouldn't of been out that long. I didn't mean to... "I lost track of time, I'm sorry" I replied with my head bowed slightly because to be honest, Tim was really scary sometimes. "I tried to contact you through the pack link hundreds of times but you were blocking me out. What were you really doing?!" Tim growled.

All it took was that one growl to trigger my inner Alpha, I may not be Alpha by blood but I am by law and I can't let anyone try to be more dominant than me. "My job, guarding the pack!" I snarled in a vicious voice that was definitely not mine, my wolf was coming out and she was p***ed off. Tim's head bowed in respect, unable to resist the alpha tone that I had gained when adopted by Aaron and Raina.

I glared momentarily then sprinted to my room and locked the door behind me. "I miss you already" Adriel cooed into my mind through our mate link, my wolf instantly calmed down when I heard his voice resounding through my head. "I miss you too..." I sighed softly into the link. Our bond was already quite strong although we had just met, I already feel like I love him enough to die for him.

"When can I see you again?" he asked curiously. I wanted to say right now, let's run away together and never come back but I couldn't. "I don't know, my guard is already suspicious. Let's sneak out and meet by the waterfall just outside my packs territory in the morning" I replied enthusiastically into the link. It was the best we could do right now at least. "Okay, goodnight Maddie" Adriel murmured, I copied his words, replacing my name with his and cutting the link.

I sighed as I fell into bed feeling so much happier than just 10 minutes ago. After thinking of Adriel's face for a while I fell into a deep sleep.

*6 am the next morning*

"Ugh" I groaned as I got out of bed and dashed to my bathroom. I showered and did my morning routine in record time then got dressed in a pair of ripped jeans, some black converses and a black band t-shirt with 'THE CAB' written on it in blue. I left my hair out naturally and dashed to the waterfall and hid behind it.

I was sitting there for 10 minutes waiting in anticipation until I heard footsteps outside. I peeked out from behind the waterfall only to see Tim looking around suspiciously then Jason emerged from the woods. "What took you so long?" Tim hissed at Jason, oh god I hope this isn't what it looks like. "Sorry, I had to keep my son in line. I caught him trying to sneak out to meet some girl. He's gotta avoid women, they're bad news" Jason apologised then let out a sigh. "So what's happened while I was gone?" Jason asked.

"Okay well the alpha's adoptive daughter Madison has been acting suspicious lately but I have no clue why. She even worked up the guts to growl at me the little bitch!" Tim replied, spitting my name out like it was poison. I glared at him from my hiding place behind the flowing stream of water that toppled down from above me. "Lure her out here, she can be bait for Aaron and where he goes, his mate will follow. We can win the war before it even begins if we capture them. I will have what I have wanted for so long now, Raina..." Jason plotted darkly.

"Madison don't go to the waterfall!" Adriel suddenly screamed in my mind. It startled me to hear his voice so suddenly, I stepped backwards and tripped over my own feet. "To late, I'm already here" I managed to reply before I hit the ground, sending out a loud crashing sound that could easily be heard. "What was that?" Jason snarled then I heard frantic footsteps headed towards me. I pushed myself to my feet and looked around for a place to hide but there was no where.

"Shit" I muttered, I'm so screwed right now. Jason and Tim stepped into the cave behind the waterfall then smirks spread across both of their faces simultaneously. "Looks like my job was just made a whole lot easier" Tim chuckled darkly, he slowly stepped closer, stalking towards me and enjoying watching the fearful expression come to my face. "You jerk! My parents trusted you!" I screamed in anger. Tim and Jason laughed at me then took a few more steps forward, "I never cared about them, at all. They could've dropped dead and I wouldn't of cared for a second. Your mum is hot don't get me wrong but she is a faithful woman so she is the enemy. Now how long have you been there?" Tim explained then stepped closer.

I was completely cornered now, "The whole time and I don't plan to let you get away with this crap!" I spat coldly. Jason forced me to the wall and choked me just enough to cause serious discomfort, not enough to kill me. "Dearest Madison you have got quite a mouth on you now don't you, I remember when you used to love making me play with you. What happened to that little angel?" Jason asked in a low voice. I struggled for air as I clawed at his fingers, "She grew up and saw the real world" I choked out while continuing to squirm furiously.

"Haha, so feisty now. Did Raina teach you that because if she did I might have to scorn her, she shouldn't teach such an innocent girl those things. Don't worry, I'll get my son to whip you into shape..." Jason threatened thinking I was scared. In reality that brought me hope, if I could see Adriel I would feel so much better. Jason dragged me away through the woods while Tim ran back to "alert" the pack of my disappearance, he planned to say I ran away. I hope my parents can see through his lies because it will break their hearts.

"Don't worry you'll be at your new home soon..." Jason smirked then bashed my head against a tree making me pass out.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hey my Angels! Sorry for another long awaited update but it's tough for me to get the story written well. I want it to be entertaining but I also want it to be updated as fast as possible. I hope you guys can forgive me for taking so long and you guys are my fave people! I love your lovely support and I wouldn't be here without you all. By the way the picture at the top is of Madison and next chapter I will show you one of Adriel 😃. Until next time my Angels.... Peace out! ✌️

~Aza_angel