Chapter 8

*Maddison's POV*

I sighed as I quickly dried myself off and slipped on the clothes that belonged to Jedediah's daughter who, luckily, was the same size as me. I am seriously grateful that she was tomboyish because she owned a lot of jeans and flannel shirts which I love! Jedediah even said that we could keep the clothes that his kids left because they had outgrown them and left them for him since they knew that he tended to take in backpackers occasionally.

Once I was dressed and ready for the day I stared at myself in the mirror, more specifically the bite mark on my neck that Adriel had left. He chuckled behind me as he played with my hair that I had left out to fall in its natural red curls and admired his work of art that sat on the base of my neck. I giggled as his arms wrapped loosely around my slim waist and he nibbled my mark which left me completely breathless.

"Adriel that tickles" I murmured as I tried to turn in his arms to kiss him but he held me in place with ease since he was much stronger than me. "I know, that's why I'm doing it" Adriel whispered teasingly in my ear as he spun me around and captured my lips in a slow, passionate kiss that made my heart flutter. My wolf was screaming dirty things at me, saying to mate now but I knew better. She had always been a trouble maker, me? Not so much.

I felt Adriel nibble at my lower lip and I laughed into the kiss at his eagerness to go further but instead of letting him deepen the kiss I pulled away with a goofy grin, giggled at him and then skipped away towards the downstairs area in the cafe where Jedediah was waiting for us. Adriel let out a frustrated  growl at my actions then stomped along behind me with his arms crossed like a grumpy three year old that wasn't getting what they wanted. "Ah you look much better now that you're cleaned up" Jedediah smiled as he stood and took my hand only to leave a polite kiss on it then allow it to fall to my side. Adriel frowned but fought back his growl and forced a smile onto his face, "Don't worry boy, I'm not going to steal your mate" Jedediah chuckled lightly as he looked between the two of us.

"Wait how do you know th-" Adriel began but was cut short when Jedediah laughed at him to which he raised an eyebrow in confusion. Jedediah shook his head at the two of us then began to explain, "Boy I know a wolf when I see one, after all my lovely wife is one and so are our children" Jedediah chuckled as a happy woman with black hair that had strands of grey through it stepped into the room and hugged Jedediah tightly. Both mine and Adriel's jaws dropped in shock at what was just revealed to us. "How the fuck did I not notice that?!" Adriel muttered to himself which caused the older couple in front of us to laugh at him.

"When you are rogue you have to cover your trail so my lovely husband managed to obtain a scent covering spray, it's quite helpful and we put it in all of our shower products to conceal the werewolf in us. If we didn't we'd be dead by now" the woman smiled as she lovingly gazed up at her human husband with adoration in her dark brown eyes. I smiled at the fact that since we'd used their shower products our scents would be covered then looked up at them gratefully, "Would you mind us staying with you a while until we get on our feet, we really are in danger and need to plan something asap" I said pleadingly as I looked at Jedediah and his wife.

"Of course, tell us what happened and we will help you plan" Jedediah's wife smiled as she shut the cafe and ushered us into a back room. As soon as we were seated and comfortable I explained our situation as the older couple sat silently, analysing our issues. "Yikes, you two really are in deep trouble. You should go to your family Madison, take Adriel with you and explain it to your parents. They've had their own rough patches so I'm sure that they will understand" Jedediah's wife, who we recently found out is named Mona, suggested as she handed Adriel and I a cup of hot chocolate each with a biscuit.

I smiled in thanks and finished the small treats quickly then stretched out on my seat with a long yawn. "So, what would you like us to do to earn our keep until we manage to figure out a way to get back to the pack?" Adriel asked as he pulled me onto his lap and hugged me tightly. "Just work around the shop like cleaning and waitressing, it's not much and only during the day. Then you're welcome to eat with us and stay as long as necessary" Jedediah smiled warmly then looked down at me as I curled into Adriel's embrace and yawned again. "Go get some rest you two, we will get you when it's time for dinner" Mona said as she shooed us away with her hands. I laughed then stood up only for Adriel to pick me up and throw me over his shoulders like a rag doll. I smashed my small fists against his back to no avail then went limp having given up on escaping his grasp.

He tossed me onto the bed in the spare room where Jedediah had decided to allow us to stay in then laughed as I glared at him then grumpily rolled over to get some rest. He walked over then sat down next to me "Baby I'm just playing, don't be mad" Adriel whined like a small child as he tried to hold me but I shrugged him off. "Shut up, I'm tired" I yawned in a childish tone then snuggled into Adriel's side and closed my eyes. Before I knew what was going on I was out like a light.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey my Angels! I'm so sorry I took so long but since I'm going into year 10 now and the work load has increased its harder to find time for my writing. I hope you all enjoy and again I am sorry. Vote, comment, follow please. Peace out! ✌🏻️

~Aza_angel