𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 2

They examine Merve.
Oya calls Pelin. "Pelin... What's going on... Did you kill Burcu... You asked Arzu to kill Merve so that you won't look suspicious... And you kill Burcu so that Arzu won't be in the spotlight... Am i right..." she bites her lip.

Pelin huffs.
She walks to the balcony enjoying a fresh pineaple juice

"why are you so upset? Deep down we both know i also made you a favor. And you still have the higher ground."

"Arzu is dead... Because of you... You both are crazy... Before Arzu attacked Merve... She apologized..."

Pelin looks at her nails
"Well...let the best woman win. Burcu wont go after her man or ruin our lives. You get to keep Serhan in your happy life, he's happy, and Merve wont backstab anyone anymore. So Arzu's death is unfortunetly sad"

"Oya i had to"

"......" she bites her lip. "Pelin... Goodbye" she puts down. "....".

A doctor comes out. "she's stable... What is your relationship with mrs Aksak"

Pelin sighs and drinks enjoying the view.
"Suits them good."

Edip looks at him
"Its Özmen. Im a friend of hers. May I see her?"

Oya sighs and walks. "...."

The doctor nods. "of course"

Pelin gets up and puts on some latex gloves. She rolls Burcu's body on a carpet and drives nearby the river to get rid of it by sinking it down to the bottom.

Edip smiles and nods. He walks in Merve room
"Hey..."

Merve smiles. "hey..." she holds her stomach. She sits up. "....."

He helps her and adjusts the pillow behind her
"Dont push yourself. Easy."

He sits on a chair Next to her and holds her hand

"Am I too close now?"

She smiles. "no..." she looks at him. "Are you... Still leaving..."

He looks at her and thinks carefuly. He waited for too long, and things were getting too crazy. He didnt want to be part of it. Merve wouldnt understand when to stop playing games. But maybe now she would.

"I thought i wasnt welcome. Besides, i think i've been around for too long. But i can stay until you're fully recovered"

She looks at him. She looks away. "Nilay and Ayaz lost their mom... I can't imagine how they would react... Everything happened so fast... Arzu pushed me in the bathroom... '

"i dont believe Oya being pregnant would be able to do it. For her own sake"

"and the baby"

"so i'll ask you this. Was there anyone else?"

"no... I hit her with a bottle in the head. She backed up she didn't notice there was a window behind her and she fell..."

'why did Oya said She did it...'
He thought.

He strokes her hand
"Merve, i am definetly leaving. That's final. Come with me"

She looks at him and smiles. "i was about to ask you that... Yes..."

An inspector comes in. "Merve Aksak... You're under arrest for the murder of Arzu..."

Merve looks at them. "......."

Edip looks at the inspector
"Inspector, with all due respect, she's recovering. May we have a word outside?"
He gets up.

The inspector comes out and he looks at Edip

He crosses his arms and takes a deep breath.
"I have no doubt you're just doing your job, but arent you judging a little too early? As far Im concern, and i believe in Merve, she had nothing to do with that and there's someone else who can explain."

"Someone said they saw how they fought in the bathroom"

Merve looks outside and she sighs. "...."
She tries to get up and she limps to the door. She touches the handle. "...."

Elif goes in and she looks at Edip. "i saw them... Haven't seen so much action in my life... Her real target was Oya though... So she also gets attempted murder"

"I know i dont have a way to prove it but Oya herself admitted to push Arzu out of the window because she was attacking Merve. Someone is clearly lying here."

Elif looks at Edip. Merve comes out and she looks at them. "Elif had a grudge against Oya since highschool..."

Elif glares at Merve. "...."
She looks at Elif. She leans against Edip. "sorry..." she looks at them.

"we have to do more research... Apologies Mrs Aksak" they walk away

He holds her
"You should be resting..."
He kisses her head
"Be honest with me Merve."

Merve looks at him. "hmm..."

Edip takes her back to the room and helps her to bed
"Merve...I can count on me and I believe you, but you need to be honest with me. Were you really going to harm Oya?"

She looks at him. "i was planning to but... I changed my mind... I was thinking about Mila... What would she think of me... Her mommy's a killer... That's why i apologized instead"

"that still doesnt explain many things."
He holds her and strokes her hair
"That's why you said 'yes' too quickly."

She looks at her and she holds his hand. "Edip..."

He looks vaguely in front of him.
Was it all to run from the investigation?
He looks at her
"Yes?"

She looks at him. "hold my hand... Please..."

"i cant stay for long, as much i would like. I need to check on few things first"
He looks at her and kisses her head

She smiles. "okay..." she looks at him.
Oya goes in and she smiles. "hey Edip..."

"and...in order to help you, i need to know what have you both talked about the day you caused her to crash."

He looks at Oya and gets up with a smile
"Oya...just the one i wanted to see."

Oya smiles and she looks at Merve. "...."
Merve sits up. "fine... I told her i knew about her and serhan... I told her i wish she was dead..."

He nods.

"Oya, is lying a new thing?"

Oya looks at him. "if you take it.... It self defense... Arzu attacked her... I'm a witness..."

"Arzu cant speak for herself now, can she? Elif saw the whole thing. The inspector was here. Arzu could be protecting Oya, but apparently, Arzu was there to apologize when she triped on something, and fell. She could be drunk, or maybe...someone with pharmacist knowledge could have spiked her drink"

He looks straight at Oya.
Maybe she would buy it .

Oya looks at him. "Elif wasn't there... She's lying... It was only me and Merve..." she sighs. "Edip.... Pelin wants Merve dead and Arzu want Burcu dead but they switched their prey so that none of them can look suspicious"

Merve looks at Oya

"i heard it from Pelin herself"

He raises his hand to stop her
"I think we all know how a turncoat works. Im curious to know what she'd tell if I call her. So could any of you explain this new Pelin theory. Because you're all back to highschool pointing fingers at each other."

Merve looks at Oya. "...."
Oya looks at him. "I'll give you proof... Don't call her... Or else she knows I'm up to something"

Edip takes a deep breath.
"You pushed her out the window. But you're pregnant so i doubt you would do that. Who are you covering...is that person so important that you sacrifice yourself and your child to a lifetime in jail?"

He crosses his arms
"Im not putting up with this nonsense. Go ahead and call her. Put her on speaker."