𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 9

They nod. Merve holds her.

9 years later. "Lila... Come... Breakfast is ready"
Lila runs to the kitchen and smiles. She sits. Merve gives her food. "if you finish your food you're getting a cheesecake. But don't tell daddy"

Lila nods and eats. "...." she smiles and eats.
Merve kisses her forehead. "wonder where's your mommy..." Lila looks at her.

"serhan?"

Serhan walks in and messes Lila's hair. He looks at Merve
"You've been busy."

Merve smiles. Lila looks at Serhan and smiles.
Merve looks away. "ipek! Breakfast is ready sweety"
Lila eats and she finishes

Ipek comes shyly and sits quietly.
"Hey auntie. Hi Daddy"
Serhan kisses Ipek's head
"Gotta go. Be good now. I love you"

He smiles at Lila
"Be good to your sister now."

Merve smiles and she touches her cheek
She nods. "yes papa" Lila eats.

Ipek looks at Merve
"Can we go to the Park today? I dont want to go to school"

Merve looks at Serhan and smirks. "of course..."
Lila pouts. "me too"

Serhan smirks
"I see it's no use saying 'no' well in that case, no homemade brownies tonight"

Merve smiles. "you both are getting my cheesecake tonight"
Lila smiles. "thanks mommy"

Ipek giggles loudly
Serhan shakes his head and smiles. He leaves to work
"Dont spoil them"

Merve smiles and she kisses Ipek forehead and Lila forehead. "come... Let's get ready"

Ipek looks at Lila and holds her hand
"Yes auntie"
She goes to her room

Lila follows.
Merve smiles and she watches them.

A soft hand touches Merve's hair
Edip looks at her

Edip smiles at her and holds her.
"Long time i havent seen you smile"

"when i heard that I'm... 3 months pregnant... It changed my world..."

"she's beautiful. I wish i was there....Mila asks your for you everyday. She always sneaks to your bed at night. She tells you the bedtime stories you used to read her. She often did it with Ipek and her when they were little"

She smiles. "awww..." she sighs. "umm... Edip..." she looks at him. "do you want to us to set your ashes free or doesn't it bother you..."

He strokes her cheek and hugs her.
"Wouldnt you want to be free after seen your loved ones happy?"

"i dont need to be around anymore. But tell Lila i'll be watching over her"

She bites her lip. "I'm just... Not ready to let you go..."

He pulls her close and strokes her hair.
"If you dont...then dont tell anyone"

She nods and she relaxes. "okay.." Lila comes out. "I'm ready mommy"

He looks at Lila and smiles brightly. He sits on his knees and puts something in her pocket on the blouse.
"I'll always be close to you"

Lila smiles. Merve walks to Lila. Lila looks at Edip. Merve looks at her. "you can see him sweety?"

She nods. Merve smiles. "this... Is your first daddy.... No one can see him except us"

Lila smiles. "really..."
Merve nods. "the reason is because he loves us the most that's why only we can see him"

Edip smiles at Lila and tucks her hair behind her ear. He kisses her forehead
"Hello, my little lotus..."

She smiles. "hello" Merve looks at Edip and smiles.
"sometimes i feel like an outcast like i live in someone else's life..."

Edip gets up and sighs
"You can make it, Merve. You still have the flat and move with Lila. But they seemed to accept your presence and appreciate all the help you've given them. Rasel, for instance, has lost a few more work days than expected."

"Im glad to see you all get along now"

She smiles. "you're right... I'll talk to them... But... Lila... She and Ipek are so close... Or maybe... I should take a few days off for myself..."

He chuckles
"Right. Like you and Oya were? Hum?"
He holds Merve by her waist and kisses her

"Im sure they wont mind"

She smiles. "i have a feeling... Lila will have my looks and your attitude as a teenager"

Edip chuckles. He smiles softly at Lila
"What a relief then. She will be whatever she wants to be. Im sure she wont cross the line. Noone wants a ghost haunting around. Specially scaring the boyfriends away"

Merve giggles. "a horny ghost..." she kisses Lila head. "i love you..." she looks at Edip

Edip squeezes Merve's hand
"Shhhh.... not in front of our child. But yes, i'll be checking every single boy that talks to her. A heartbreak is part of life but she'll always have our Comfort"

He strokes Lila's head
"You are so beautiful..."

Lila giggles. Merve kisses him. "I'll be back... Okay"

Later the night
Merve eats and she looks at them. "i want to spend some time at the flat alone... Just to think straight... Is that fine"

Oya looks at Serhan

Serhan looks at Merve, he looks at Oya.
"Maybe we should wait until the girls are in bed "

Oya nods. "....."
Merve nods and she feeds Lila. "cheesecake is coming..." Lila smiles. "yayyy"

Serhan looks at Merve
"Did something happen?"

Ipek hugs Oya
"Mommy Im full"

Oya smiles. "okay that's good... You may go play"
Merve looks at Serhan. "no... It's just... I thought... I don't have a life... I'm grateful but what if something happens to you both... Who's gonna pay everything... I just need to think of these things..."

Ipek kisses the adults and smiles at Lila
"Lila, Lila, come play with me!"

Serhan looks at Merve
"That's what insurance's are for. But you can count on our support."
He looks at Oya.
"Maybe you need help...or a job, I dont know. Maybe at the clinic?"

Lila smiles and she kisses Merve and them. She runs off.

Oya looks at Merve and nods. "sure... Yeah..."
Merve smiles. "thanks... But i still wanna spend my time at the flat... That's where me and Edip spended the most time... I want to put his ashes there...in the garden that's in my balcony..."

Serhan nods
"It's understandable. Of course, stay as much as you like. You've done a lot and for that, we should thank you. When are you going?"

"remember the flat my mom gave me... That one..."

He couldnt help but to smile softly. He nods
"Of course. I can take a leave and stay with the girls. Or Rasel. She hasnt been here for a while."

She nods. "thanks... You guys are amazing... I love you both so much"
She smiles and gets up.

Serhan holds Oya hand. He looks at Merve and bows almost discreetly.

She walks to the kitchen and takes out her cheesecake

Serhan looks at Oya
"What do you think?"

Oya looks at him. "about"

He looks at Merve
"..."
He squeezes Oya hand and smiles
"Nothing. Nevermind that. This means we'll get to be by ourselves with the girls."