Where Are You?

Your P.O.V

*Bzzz*

*Bzzz*

*Bzzz*

Anubis:"anonymous... Anonymous please wake up." Anubis said softly as she was gently shaking you, that combined with the annoying buzzing almost immediately brought you to full consciousness.

You:"huh... What's up Anubis...?" You asked in a tired voice as you say up, though the realization that you were laying on top of Anubis and your head was laying on her chest almost immediately made your cheeks reddened slightly.

Anubis:"your device was making a buzzing sound from your pocket." Anubis responded, seemingly not really minding the fact that one, your head was on her chest, two, you are not basically sitting up on top of her.

After a moment or two you looked at Anubis curiously before reaching over to your pocket and taking out your phone to see that it was your boss Alexis calling you.

You:"god damn it..." You muttered under your breath with an annoyed tone before turning to Anubis with a small frown.

You:"it's my boss... I have to take this..." You said with an almost saddened tone at not being able to be near Anubis anymore, Anubis simply nodded in response to you as you got off of her and went into a separate room so you could answer the call.

You:"hello?" You asked curiously as soon as you answered the phone, and after a moment of silence she spoke.

Alexis:"Finally you answer, you really need to answer your phone more often Anon." Alexis responded with a sarcastic sounding voice which you simply roll your eyes to.

You:"yeah... Sorry I was... Busy earlier." You said with a small sigh as you sat back in a nearby chair that was in the room,

Alexis:"oh? what exactly?" Alexis asked curiously, despite practically already knowing what you were supposed to be doing, which was attending your grandpa's funeral, but other things apparently came up.

You:"family matters mam. Told you that before I left." You responded with a somewhat annoyed sounding voice before you sighed softly, 'oh yeah, I'm also living with a literal deity who controls the very concept of death. So that's not big deal.' you thought to yourself which actually caused a small chuckle to slip out.

Alexis:"uh-huh, anyway i sent you a few emails earlier, I need you to work on the files attached to them." She said with an almost stern sounding voice, and before you could even respond to her, she hung up. 'Bitch.' you thought to yourself as you put your phone away in your pocket.

After a moment you head out of the room and walk past the living room where Anubis was still laying on the couch, almost like she was waiting for you.

Anubis:"Is everything alright anonymous?" She asked curiously, to which you simply shrugged before responding.

You:"yeah... Everything's fine, just gotta get some work done." You replied with a small sigh and Anubis's ears went down, signalling that she was upset at hearing that you had to work instead of sleeping with her.

Anubis:"work...who's forcing you to do work at this hour?" Anubis asked with an almost saddened tone, which honestly broke your heart to hear.