22. Tired

"Who the hell is at my door at 11 p.m.?!" A female voice yelled before opening the door. "Taehyun! What the hell are you doing here?!"

"Why do you keep yelling Noona?" He asked, entering with his suitcases trailing behind him. "I don't like Seoul."

She furrowed her eyebrows, having a very clear and accurate assumption as to why he was here. "I had to tell mom and dad about what the people online were saying about you. They think it's true Tae..."

He sighed and went to the living room to lay down in exhaustion. "I'm not surprised."

Walking over, she stood next to the couch and he stared up at her. "Is it true?"

"Kaneisyeon, I just got back and you're already assuming I became a slut-"

"No, that's not what I said. But that girl that said it seems like she really meant it."

Fuck you Mia.

"You know Mean Girls?" Kaneisyeon nodded. "She's like the worse version of Regina George. I only had sex with one person this entire time and he's my best friend."

"Beomgyu?" He shook his head. "What's going on with him? How is he?"

Taehyun didn't know, honestly. Beomgyu screamed at him to get out of his life on multiple occasions and then tried to stop him from leaving. Beomgyu was not only horrible lately, but he was confusing too.

"He's... fine, I guess. Are mom and dad here?"

"Yeah. I'll go get them."

Taehyun didn't tell them he was coming because he wanted to surprise him, but it didn't seem like they were too pleased with him anyway right now...

"Taehyun?" His dad asked in surprise. "What are you doing here?"

"Well I would be coming for the holidays anyway. But I'm coming back for good."

"Why?" His mom asked, looking slightly irritated. "Everyone got mad at you for whoring around?"

Kaneisyeon gasped. "Mom!"

"Why did your glasses break Taehyun? Why did you break your arm? What the fuck happened to you when you moved away?!"

None of them would believe him. That's what sucked about it. Yes, he loved his family, but they assumed his friendship with Beomgyu would last forever. They wouldn't believe him if he told them it was Beomgyu's fault that any of this happened in the first place.

"You know, I never thought I would have to say that about my own child. And I feel bad. But you're grounded until you find a job and move out on your own."

Well this was a great "welcome home" present.

Even after he tried to explain to them, they didn't listen for some reason.

He was their child...

"Fine. Let's just call Beomgyu and see what he has to say about it," his mom said and Taehyun sighed. After a few minutes of calling, she looked at him with an unamused expression. "He said it's all true." Unsurprising. "And that's why he doesn't like you anymore. So great job. Now everybody hates you."

Nothing Beomgyu did anymore surprised him, but his mom was being so mean for no reason. She was never like this.

He didn't even feel like arguing anymore. Everyone except for Kai, Yeonjun, and Soobin hated him now, so what was the point in fighting?

He was tired of it.