Chapter Five:

After about an hour had passed, Sabrina had arrived and was outside with Lily, while Marin and Celia were unpacking inside. Sabrina and Lily were sitting on the porch swing outside. Madison heard whispers and giggles from the both of them, she walked over and sat on the big adirondack chair to join them.

"Did you see the counselor with the spider tattoo? I think she has a spiderman obsession" Said the blonde one, Sabrina.

"Yeah, like Marin's Tom Holland phase!"

They both erupted in a fit of giggles. Madison smiled.

"Jill's a Marvel person." Madison said.

Jill came out to join them, Jenny following close behind.

Jenny joined Sabrina and Lily in the swing and Jill sat down in the other adirondack chair.

Immediately, all three campers started crying and hugging each other. Jill and Madison exchanged an awkward look while they had their moment.

"How long have you guys known each other?" Madison asked.

"Four years" Jenny said.
"Five for us", Sabrina and Lily said synchronously.

"Where are you guys from?" Jill asked.

"I'm from New York." Lily said, followed by Jenny's

"Boston."

"And Sabrina lives all the way across the country in California!" Lily says.

"Its not my fault you guys don't live near me!" Sabrina said in a joking tone, all three campers started crying again.

"Oh where in California are you?" Jill turned to Sabrina.

"San Diego?"

"Oh cool! I live a few hours away."

...

All the campers had arrived and unpacked by six. Madison checked her watch, turning her head to face the room.

"Bunk 22 get ready for dinner!"

"Do we have flagpole?" Ela asked.

"Not tonight, it's just food and then unpacking and then bed." Jill said, putting down her schedule.

Madison started putting on bug spray while the campers were immersed in each other's conversations instead of getting their shoes on. After Emma called out "get your shoes on" the pace had quickened and all 10 campers were heading out the door. Emma ran ahead and mumbled something about walking to dinner with Kaitlin. Jill just assumed that Emma and Kaitlin had hit it off the night before.

Jill followed the rest of the kids out the door, shutting off the light behind her. Madison ran up to walk with her to dinner.

"So Kaitlin and Emma huh?" Jill asked, turning to Madison.

"Yeah! They seem like really good friends!" Madison replied.

Jill smirked and kept walking. Madison was as blind as a bat! Jill tripped over a rock on the hill and felt her heart drop as Madison shot out her arm to block her fall, Jill laughed and mumbled something about being clumsy.

"Are you going to be ready for the councer dance tomorrow night?" Madison asked, turning back to Jill.

"Thats tomorrow!?"

"Yep! Waterfront has already planned out their entire thing! Has art?"

"Sorta? I'm pretty sure of what the dance is but I still don't know how we're supposed to enter and exit."