Chapter Seven:

All heads in the room turned abruptly as the door reopened. It was understood that the assignment would be to design a wedding dress out of trashbags. Emma thought it would look lovely, Jill on the other hand, thought that each of the counselors would look either homeless, or like they were on project runway corpse edition. Madison didn't have time to think, because a timer started, and she was surrounded by grinning children.

Emma ran over to the scissors pile, making sure to be the first in line to get four pairs or scissors, two enormous trash bags, and a buttload of tape. She sprinted back over to the bunk twenty two corner and handed all the supplies to Arabella, who had her arms wide for holding it.

Lily started to measure how much of the bag could be used on each portion, and how it would look sophisticated and chic rather than dumpy and cheap, she was going for a classic gown with a big puff sleeve and an above-shoulder flair. Mia had gotten straight to work, cutting and tearing with big movements, Mia was going with a more avant garde look in mind and went straight to a belt. Plastic scraps were thrown around the room left and right, and it started to look like a central park ground after new years.

Sabrina had the cleanest scissors, which let her cut with precision and tactical snips which cut a hem that almost looked like lace. Her hands moved with a certain dexterity that made her look like a machine. Celia watched her in amazement, surprised at Sabrina's handiwork, because that kind of speed was never shown in her texting, which usually consisted of typos.

Madison stood still as Mia cut Sabrina's work in half, turning Madison's dress into a skirt. Mia then proceeded to add her belt, followed by Ela bringing her top into the mix. It was a fine top, and it would have looked great with a different skirt, but the belt made it stick out. Before there was time to add any final adjustments, the timer rang out in a devilishly loud manner. All of the agawan campers sat down against the mirror, nodding or shaking their heads at the pieces in front of them. Jill leaned back against the wall, smiling as Madison started to twirl and chuckling when pieces of black plastic came flying out as she did. Madison turned and stopped as she noticed Jill looking at her, she attempted to lift her arm to wave, but more plastic fell out and Jill just started laughing. Madison blushed before letting out a laugh herself, still attempting to wave back.

Both the staff and campers were oblivious to this interaction, as they were admiring the other competitors.

Marin ran up to Madison to try and stuff some of the dark plastic back into the dress. Madison looked at her bunk sitting against the wall and she smiled.

After a few words were said, the first counselor, Lauren, started to strut. Lauren had a bouquet which was falling apart as she walked, but it was a nice start.

Once Madison's turn arrived, she grinned as she walked around the room, giving another spin for the adoring crowd; that crowd being Jill. Madison ended gracefully, and while her look was being discussed, Emma was helping her to take off the crown.

Once the competition was over, teddy grams were served and the campers started to disperse into groups as they walked back to their bunks.

"You should've won," Jill said, looking back up at Madison as she did so.

"Haha I'm not sure, Julia had a great dress!"

"Yeah but none of the others had your smile" Jill said, earning another grin from Madison.

"Really! You looked the happiest, that should've counted for something!" Jill said, now smiling herself.

"Aww, I did it for the kids, they looked so happy while making it!"

Jill chuckled.

"Yeah they did". Jill responded, she was hoping that the show was for her and only her.

Dale pushed open the door with force, making Celia laugh as they both started dancing around the bunk.

For the next 20 minutes, the campers changed and showered and got ready for bed.

Madison walked out of the bathroom in her robe with a turban around her wet blonde locks.

"Fifteen minutes until everyone has to be in bed."

Lily kept writing furiously in her journal, smirking as she did so.

"Whatcha writing about?" Jenny asked, climbing up the side of Lily's bed. Lily turned the book for her to see, and Jenny gasped before looking over at Jill, who was working on another friendship bracelet. Jenny looked back at Lily and her eyes got wide, before the ONLY SLIGHTLY taller girl whispered something into Lily's ear, who nodded before continuing to write. Sabrina came over next, followed by Ela and Arabella, and then Emily and Marin, before Mia and Dale came over, Celia smirked knowing that whatever it was would be out in a few minutes.

Once all of the campers were in bed, Emma got up to turn the lights out, making a puzzled expression at Lily who was still furiously writing.

"DON'T TURN THE LIGHTS OUT YET ONE SECOND" Lily begged, her eyes not able to tear away from the paper.

"What are you writing about anyways?" Madison asked. There was a moment of silence before all 10 campers broke into a fit of giggles.

"Seriously what?" She asked again, the laughter continued.

"Tell me!" She said, as Jill looked up from her bracelet to see what was the cause of all the noise.

Lily paused before lifting her pen, looking up, and saying one word.

"Jillison".

And yet again, the bunk was filled with the warm sound of laughter.

"Wait what?" Jill said, turning her attention to the short one.

"Jillison!" she said again.