Chapter Nine:

Madison's head hit the wooden board with a thud. The cropped blue curtain blew above her head, the warm air filling the bunk. Madison hesitantly sat up and closed it, flopping back down to rest. Her eyes wouldn't shut. She stared at the ceiling and yawned before climbing down the side of her bed. It was the perfect time of the morning, the sun was out and light filled the room, but still early enough that she was the only one awake.

Madison wandered into the bathroom and made her way over to the shelves filled with toiletry bags. She grabbed the blue one from the bottom and carried it over to the sink, pulling out a toothbrush and wetting it under the ice cold sink water. She twisted open the tube of her freshest toothpaste, it cost her ten dollars at target, but it was supposed to have a ton of health benefits so the extra six bucks were worth it. Or so she thought. As she started to squeeze it out, the tube deflated and started to ooze out an oily, watery substance and it spat out into the sink, completely emptied. Madison sighed before tossing the empty tube in the trash, resting her toothbrush on the counter, and dropping her shower caddy into the sink. She paced back over to the shelves, scanning for a different toothpaste she could borrow. It's only a bit, nobody would ever have to know. She reached into a dark purple bag and pulled out a white tube, pulling it out and bringing it back to the sink with her. Madison twisted off the cap and squeezed the smallest bit of the white paste onto her brush, before resting her toothbrush down and twisting the cap back onto the tube. She turned on the tap as she dragged her brush underneath the water. She twisted the knob, and lifted the toothbrush to her mouth. Looking in the mirror, she saw a smirking face looking back at her.

"Did you miss my taste that much?" Jill asked, putting her hand at her hip as she leaned on the doorframe.

"Ghith ith yourfth?" Madison said through a mouthful of toothpaste.

"Yeah. Now tell me, how great was my fake kissing?" Jill responded, smiling at Madison's cheeks new hue.

"Ghou fere orkar." Madison spat down at the sink.

"You could've been louder though." Madison finished, wiping the sides of her mouth.

"I thought I was pretty good!"

"You were good! You just didn't sell it enough.." Madison said jokingly.

"Next time." Jill said.

"Next time." Madison agreed.

"So, you ready for our romantic vacay?" Jill teased, grabbing her brush from the dark purple caddy.

"Always" Madison responded, slipping her toothbrush into her blue caddy.

Madison watched intently as Jill slid her fingers through her long dark hair, the brush sliding through it like a knife through butter. As the brush ran through her silky locks, Madison wanted to braid Jill's hair for hours, running her fingers through each gorgeous strand until she had felt each one individually.

"What shampoo do you use?" Madison asked, tilting her head as she asked.

"Uhh I forgot to bring shampoo to camp." Jill responded, pulling her hair over to one side of her shoulder.

"There is no way that's possible," Madison said, crossing her arms on her chest.

"No I literally forgot to pack it." Jill responded, sliding her brush through her hair once more.

"Why didn't you go to target?" Madison asked, sliding her leg up on the wall.

"Emma let me borrow hers, I was planning to go this afternoon after the beach." Jill replied.

"Oooh so we're going to the beach?" Madison asked, teasing Jill.

"Yeah Kaitlin is driving."

"I'm coming too then!" Madison said.