Phase 32

PHASE THIRTY-TWO

A PLEA TO THE WANDERER

Few days had passed since the Art Fair, and I haven't approached Michelangelo about the thing between us.

It's not because of my hesitation because it was far from that. It was something deeper—an emotion that I was afraid to explore because if I tried to, I might end up caught in it. Then I'll stay and will never look back to where I came from until I got hurt.

Until then I'd see the end.

So, I held it for a few days more... then weeks... three months before the graduation, then I knew that I should talk about it.

But I was afraid that I still lacked courage, so I talked to someone who I knew was guided with it—Versechia.

She was the best in strengthening and fixing the bond among the three of us. She was courageous enough to be outspoken and confident that the friendship we had would last a lifetime.

Back then, I wasn't much of a component, particularly in the discipline of passion. I was more of an option that was needed when a certain component lacked. My role wasn't as important, thus, the lack of bearing in the overall structure.

I was optional.

When Lavien left without any reason, I didn't feel the responsibility to ask her why. I wasn't outspoken as Verse, nor had any big involvement in what we had.

I wasn't supposed to be there, to begin with—that's what I believed in—because I was a mere intruder in the domain that they had. Lavien was at the ballet studio because she was training for ballet while Versechia was the niece of the owner so she could come and go.

My relevance? None, because I was a mere visitor. I was visiting to inquire about ballet, but my mother realized that it would take too much of my time, so she stopped. But I was able to talk to the two of them and learned about who they were and what they were doing.

Then I coaxed my parents that I'd try to learn about the classical pieces if I visit the studio often, to which they agreed. I did learn about it. Memorized a few and was able to play for the ballerinas who were dancing.

I was a prodigy then.

Then I realized, I probably forced myself towards them. That's why I was ashamed in facing the two of them because whose friend would think of them that way?

But it was all in the past now, so I moved on and come to terms with it.

Especially now that Versechia—the other half of the whole—asked me why I left, I was reminded that no matter of an option that I was or felt how I practically forced myself to be included, I mattered.

"Hindi ko nga pala nasagot tanong mo, 'no?" It was Versechia who talked.

We were at the indoor space of Artists' Spot, a lounge for all the students in RCA. It had a relaxing color of yellow, gray, white, and black; carpeted floors and comfortable couches; big windows; and drop lights.

"Why? What was her question?" tanong ni Lavien habang ang isang hita ay inuupuan, ang kabila naman ay nakabanat sa pabilog na lamesa.

She said that ballerinas were used to stretching, so there she was.

"I asked her why she stayed," I replied.

"Yeah, 'yun 'yung tanong niya. Hindi ko nasagot because I had a sudden outburst." Natawa siya. "I was emotional! Okay? Ang sama-sama pa ng loob ko no'n kasi sobra-sobra 'yung pagtatampo ko sa inyo lalong-lalo na kay Lael."