14 years later

A/N: some new characters are being introduced here, I hope you like them. (I imagine Freya looking like Katie McGrath, just with brown eyes.)

Slight trigger warning for abuse.

Hope you enjoy.

Frida was running as fast as she could through the tall, green grass that reached her waist.

She heard small twigs snap behind her but she didn't bother to turn around.

The smell of grass filled her nose. The birds chirped happily on the branches unaware of the chase happening on the ground.

Frida panted as she continued to run from her persecutor. She could hear the rapid footsteps behind her and the other's heavy breathing.

"Just give up!" The voice said. It was a female.

"No chance!" Frida shouted back.

She suddenly tripped on a root and fell face-first into the ground. She quickly turned to her back as someone straddles her waist.

Frida's breath comes in rapid pants.

This was the end.

"You're it," the girl on top of her laughed as she booped her nose, got off her, and ran away.

"Get back here!" Frida shouted as she ran after her friend. She heard her laugh as she continued to run after her.

Frida was faster than her so it didn't take long before she tackles her to the ground. They both laughed and giggled as they laid on their backs after a little wrestling fight.

"No fair! You are stronger and faster, I was never going to win!" The girl complained.

"Complain all you want Freya, I still win," Frida said with a cocky grin on her lips.

Freya was insanely beautiful. She had long raven black hair, almond-shaped eyes that were the most amazing brown color Frida had ever seen. She had a pointed face with high cheekbones and clear, pale skin.

Freya rolled her eyes and looked up at the sky. Frida did the same. The sky was blue with fluffy clouds dotting different spots in the sky.

"I see a horse," Frida said randomly while pointing to a cloud formation that looked like a horse.

"Bunny," Freya said pointing at another formation.

They continued that for a while until Frida began staring at her friend.

She couldn't help but find her extremely attractive. Her deep brown eyes were intently focused on the sky above, the corners of her eyes would crinkle a little as she squinted against the sun and her laugh was like music to Frida's ears.

Freya turned and caught her staring, but she couldn't bring herself to mind that she got caught.

"See something you like?" Freya asked with a teasing tone. They both burst out laughing holding their stomachs.

"How are you not married yet?" Frida asked after she was done laughing.

"What do you mean?" Freya looked at Frida with a raised eyebrow.

"You are beautiful, funny, and willing to be both submissive and dominant. What is not to love?" Frida listed.

"I am still young Frida, we both are. But my parents are looking into suitable suitors before I "lose my beauty". It is stupid," Freya ranted.

Frida sighed as her friend finished. It was difficult to be a young and beautiful Viking girl. Luckily their tribe wasn't that strict on marriage rules, but there were often other tribes that came to visit, and sometimes they would marry one of the young girls and take them with them.