You Need To Stop Doing That

Britney investigated all night. Looked up all of Spider-Man's sightings: when he first popped up, all the people he arrested. She looked up all the people Peter was close to, which wasn't a very long list, and where he was when Spider-Man was out. Lucky her, the paper was delivered to her door today. On the front page was Spider-Man taking out a few robbers. Peter Parker was labeled as the photographer. She called his aunt. Maybe she knows something.
"Hello?"  Aunt May's fragile, sweet voice picked up the phone. "Hello, are you Peter's Aunt May?" she asked. "Well, yes I am. Can I ask who is calling? Is it Gwen?" 'Gwen? The police officers daughter?' Britney asked herself. "If it is, Peter misses you very much. Oh, I can't get the poor boy to speak about it, but I can tell!" Aunt May laughed. "No no, Aunt May. This isn't Gwen. My name is Britney. I just moved here. I go to school with Peter. I was hoping you knew where Peter was," she tried to sound cheery.
"Oh dear. I'm afraid I don't at the moment. Most nights he goes out, but I always tell him as long as he's home before dinner!" Britney smirked at the information that was just flowing out. She was a natural detective.
"Oh, but I made a load of spaghetti tonight. Would you care to join us?" Aunt May asked. "That would be lovely," Britney got off the phone with Aunt May on good terms and promised to be there by 7.
Britney was just so estatic, finally figuring something out. She put on a little blush and mascara along with her light lipstick. She doesn't put on makeup very much, but this was a special occasion. She drove to Aunt Mays house, arriving 10 minutes early.
"Oh, you're so pretty!" Aunt May hugged Britney at the door, and dragged her inside away from the cold night. "So are you and Peter dating?" Aunt May asked as they set the table with a slight smile on her face. Britney stopped in her tracks for a moment, then answered, "Well, he hasn't exactly asked me out, but he kissed me. And I'm here aren't I?" she answered continuing to set the table.
Peter came swinging down from up the stairs saying, "Mmm, Aunt May. Smells delicious. Who's car is parked-" he stopped and his face went practically cold seeing Britney there. "Aunt May! I had no idea we were having guest!" he fake cheered, giving Britney a tight, tight hug. "Well Britney called asking for you and I invited her to dinner!" Aunt May smiled seeing him hug her. "Peter! You're squeezing me to death!" Britney cried. "Oh we wouldn't want that now would we!" Peter let go, his mouth saying one thing, his eyes saying another.
Everyone ate dinner together, Peter and Britney 'pretending' to be happy. Poor Aunt May thought she did a good thing. When they all finished, Britney put all of the dishes in the sink. "That was great Aunt May. Thankyou," Britney hugged her. "Oh you're welcome. I'm going to um... Go and get some tea," Aunt May thought up. "We have tea," Peter brought it out for her. "Well I have friends too! I'm going to go see Martha," she nodded, leaving. "Fine, Aunt May. I'll walk you," Peter dragged her out the door. "No, Peter. I'm a grown women! I can walk myself. Go be with Britney!" She pushed him off and started walking. He waited until she was out of sight to go back inside.
"What do you think you're doing?!" Peter gritted his teeth, balling his fists. "Well, I came to see my knight in shining armor," Britney smirked, seductively tugging on Peter's shirt collar. "I think you're confused," he moved her hands and sat on the couch. "Oh, right. You wear spandex," she rolled her eyes. "What are you talking about?" Peter whispered.
"Research, Peter. Research. I mean a lot of evidence proved that you were just his camera man, but the angles of those shots. And whenever Spider-Man is gone so are you. Like earlier today, according to school records you had a 15 minute bathroom break. Its like you guys are one person," she remarked.
Peter caught on to Britney's message. "Maybe I should cover up my tracks more," he admitted as she sat next to him. "You think?" Britney said. "So about you being Spi-" Peter rushed Britney into a kiss.
"Sorry to interrupt, but Martha wasn't there-Oh dear..." Aunt May dropped her bag and awkwardly walked to her room. "Seriously man! You've got to stop doing that!" Britney exclaimed.
"Sorry. Spidey-sense..." Peter apologized, "We should talk more privately. I'll meet you at your place after school," he guided her out the door. Britney didn't have a chance to agree before he shut the door.