Silent Treatment

3:00am

Under the dimmed lights, Britney glued some titles and data on the poster board as Peter applied finishing touches to the DNA models. They were working on their science project that is due that Monday. "Are you gonna talk to me?" Britney asked. Peter answered, not looking up from the model, "I am talking to you." Britney rolled her eyes, "About something other than this stupid project." Peter made no eye contact, "I thought that you liked science." Britney crossed her arms, "Pete, Seriously. Stop being such a girl."
Peter looked up and glared, "Fine. You wanna talk? Let's talk. I have a few suggestions. We could talk about the fact that you didn't care about me enough to let me know that you were safe. Or how I think that you don't care about me at all because you kissed me and said it was a "mistake". Oh, and how about my favorite. Where you were for the 21 days you were gone. But of course, whenever I try to talk about any of these things with you, I get shot down."
Britney looked at Peter, looked at the project, and then back at Peter, "You printed out the wrong size font for Chart C." Peter huffed and stumbled to the computer to make the changes. "You're wrong about one thing," Britney mumbled. "And what's that?" Peter questioned, not looking up from the computer screen.
"I do-" Britney's confession was interrupted by a blue light crashing through the wall. Both of the teens rushed to the bowling ball sized hole in the wall to determine what it was.
"Do you think that someone was aiming for us?" Britney asked. Peter shook his head,"If someone were trying to hurt us, I'm pretty sure they would've made sure the job was done." Britney looked at Peter, huffed, and then examined the hole for a couple more seconds before saying, "You wanna go to my place and listen to the police radio for similar sightings?" Peter nodded, "Good idea."
Running down the stairs, with Britney less than a second behind, Peter called to Aunt May. Aunt May replied with groggily surprise, "Peter! What happened? What was that noise in your room?" Peter grabbed her arm and dragged her outside, where he called a cab. "Peter! What are you doing! I'm demanding answers!" Peter opened the cab door, gave the driver 20 bucks, and shoved Aunt May inside, "I know you don't understand what's going on, but I need you to trust me on this. Do you have a friends place that you can go to?"
Aunt May's jaw struggled as she searched for words. She tried to get out of the cab but Peter kept shoving her back in, "Peter, this is insane! It's the middle of the night, no one would be awake and what the hell is going on with you?! Britney, do something, please!"
As Britney tried to convince Aunt May to go, Aunt May kept giving arguments to stay. "Listen lady!" The cab driver spoke up, "I's gots places to be. So yous want me to take yous someplaces or nah?"
Aunt May replied, "I'm sorry to waste your time sir but this has all been a HUGE misunder-" but before she could finish, Peter whispered something in her ear. "I am...trying to save your life. Please trust me."
Aunt May finally gave in, "Okay. What do you want me to do?" Britney stepped back while Peter gave the annoyed cabbie another 20 and directions while he explained to Aunt May what to do when she got there.
Watching the taxi speed away with Aunt May, Britney questioned Peter, "What was that about? I thought you said that we weren't the intended target." Peter followed Britney to the car, "And I still don't think we were. I'm just having a bad feeling about all of this."