- nineteen -

you could have been asleep for hours, and you still would have felt drowsy. your head was hurting, your eyes were sore, and your throat was raw from sobbing out loud. you checked the clock, just to see how much time had passed. 

9:15. an hour and thirty minutes had passed since seungmin left. 

why the hell did it feel like days?

you groaned and turned over in your bed, absentmindedly running your hand across the empty space on your mattress, the sheets wrinkling under the weight of your touch. just hours ago, seungmin was holding you, loving you, whispering how good you were for him. you cursed yourself for thinking about him and turned over to your side, feeling bad for yourself. 

 you could faintly hear the front door open and close, but you were too tired to care. you figured it was johnny coming home from god knows where. you curled up into a ball, your eyes puffy and struggling to stay open. they felt sore, stinging every time you blinked. you decided to keep them closed instead, but every time your vision went blank it was filled with the sight of seungmin, his dark hair sweeping over his charcoal eyes. his broad shoulders, painted with deep purple blotches of love that clashed violently with his pale skin. the little mole on the back of his left hand which you subconsciously rubbed your thumb over every time you held his hand. 

you cringed at the thought of him, praying sleep would come in waves and wash away all the bitter feelings. you craved sleep in times like this, the few hours granting you peace and ignorant bliss. so you screwed your eyes shut even tighter, hoping that you'd just pass out from the suffocating pain on your chest. but then when you were finally starting to welcome sleep, your bedroom door was tentatively pushed open, the sound of the hinges creaking as it was slowly pushed.

"y/n?" a soft, silky voice called out, immediately making your eyes fly open. 

"sana?" you whispered, whimpered more like, as your voice broke on the last syllable. 

with a sigh, you heard shuffling of socks against your carpeted floor, followed by the dip of the bed behind you. you were still too tired to even look at her, too drained to move. she seemed to understand this, instead inviting herself under your covers. she lifted it slightly, the cold air rushing under the space where you were trapped, and you suddenly remember you were just in your underwear and a shirt when you felt the harsh cold bite the back of your legs. not that you really cated, anyway.

"what happened?" she whispered, throwing the blanket over herself, pulling you closer to her the same time she moved towards you so your back was against her chest. her skin was warm and soft, her arm winding itself around your waist and hugging you from behind. she nestled her chin on your shoulder, sweeping the hair away from your face as she hooked her legs under yours so she was spooning you. 

"he said he loved me," you whimpered, closing your eyes and anticipating the tears. it physically pained you when they didn't come because your eyes were still sore and puffy, and instead you were heaving, dry sobs leaving your mouth in the form of hiccups. 

"mhm?" she whispered against your cheek, comforting you by tracing lightly on your arm. 

"and i was so happy. so fucking happy because ive been falling for him." your words were slurred together, but sana had seen you let go before. she became familiar with the way your 'r's would blend together with the next syllable. 

sana resisted the temptation to groan. she loved you, she really did, more than you knew. but god she was disappointed in how you fell for him. she knew what had happened with your ex and had to pick up all your broken pieces while your brother was busy breaking him apart. she made you promise you wouldn't lose yourself over a boy ever again. yet here you were, clinging onto her arm, face half buried in your pillow as you let out broken sobs.