Chapter Five

Arriving in Hogwarts, it seems different this year. The school is colder, the halls are darker. The sky is dull, filled with a type of bitterness in the air. The vibe is different compared to arriving in previous years. Maybe it's because this is the last year for everyone, or maybe just maybe it's the calm before the storm.

The first years are the only ones who have an excited look on the their faces. Which is understandable considering starting your first year is breathtaking, the journey the will take the next few years, is one they will remember for the rest of their life's.

As for everyone else, it's nothing. No emotions on anyone's face. This year is going to be different everyone can sense the atmosphere already.

——————————————-

The three brunette girls strut into the great hall, taking in their surroundings as they know this is the last time they will ever walk in after summer.

The boys are only metres behind them, they don't seem to care about it. They're to busy talking about this evenings party.

Every year the Slytherins host the biggest welcome back party. It's no surprise that to everyone else that they host it, after all if anyone knows how to throw a party it's none better than the Slytherins.

Everyone taking their seats at the assigned table, one for each house of course. The talk in loud, filled with conversations about how everyone spent their summers. This is the norm before Dumbledore comes to give his speech.

Amelia seats herself beside the two girls, directly across from the boys. Looking around she doesn't seem to be to involved in the conversation the group are having.

"What do you think Amelia?" Says a voice from in front of her. Snapping back into reality looking at the blonde who just questioned her. "Sorry what did you say, I wasn't paying attention".

"What do you think of riddle?" He questions the girl
With a look of disgust on her face. " I think he is full of himself" she stated with her jaw clenched, while looking around seeing he wasn't seated at their table. "He is, but he isn't that bad once you get to know him." Giving her a cheeky nod. "Who does he think he is anyways? He just comes in here and acts like he owns the place and everyone in it" she spat at the blonde.

"He is the son of non other than the dark lord himself" Warned Draco.

The son of the dark lord? What is he doing here?
Amelia thought to herself.

"I don't care who he is, I'll show him how things are done around here" the girl teased with a devilish look on her as her the corners of her mouth reached upwards towards her cheeks.

————————————-

Amelia never gave a shit about status, she will put you in your place if you cross her.

She still can't get over the little stunt he pulled on the train earlier before. Grabbing her and pinning her to the wall and throwing demands at her.

Oh I'll show him who's in control. If he wants the play this game, he's about the meet the MVP at this, she thought to herself

Watching as the boy finally arrived taking his seat beside Theo.

Inspecting him Amelia noticed a big scar across his eyebrow down towards his cheekbone, wonder what he done to get that she thought.

He probably deserved it

She looked away with a smudge look on her face, she was going to make him pay for his behaviour towards her.