- 2 -

WHY WOULD ONE CARE?

-

-

-

You hit the ground

You hit the ground. You weren't quite sure what happened, but you knew that you didn't want to get up. Even though your head was aching crazy, you felt peaceful. For a second it was like you were shut out from the world. But then footsteps got louder and you recognized Magath's shouting. Please, let me be like this, you wanted to say, but again, you couldn't bring yourself to. Or you didn't want to. You didn't care, really. You didn't care if he would make you continue training or he would send you home. None mattered.

You felt that someone helped you sit up. From the movement you felt dizzier and put your hand on your forehead. You were back. Back to hearing better and sensing surrounding around you. You grunted and shut your eyes harder. The person who helped you, but you found word help really strong for what they did, still held you and had their hands on your arms. Why did they even bother? Weren't you fine like that?

"Can you get up?" You heard soft voice and you immediately knew. Your head turned to the voice, but didn't open your eyes.

"I don't know..." of course you knew, you just somehow felt embarrassed. There were lots of emotions going on. One of them was little bit of anger for the other day and one was something you couldn't admit. Because of those very serious reasons, you chose to think about yourself and not ask for help. Idiot. There was silence for a moment. From the way Zeke's hands started to grip your arms and the way your body started to follow his lead, you had the suspicion that he was checking you out. Probably seeing if you had any injury. Now, you surely wouldn't open your eyes. Your head started pounding even more and without thinking you grabbed his forearms. Everything was happening so fast that your body didn't have time to react. Then you heard loud and clear.

"I will take her to the doctor." You realized he wasn't talking to you. Your breath had somehow become heavier. 

"No, I... I think I'm fine..." you tried to get up, but his hands grasped around your arms and you stayed right where you were.

"You're bleeding."

"What?.." your voice was faint. It wasn't that you were afraid of blood, you just couldn't believe you had fallen that hard. 

"Send her home after." You heard Magath's voice and now your head moved up. Even though your eyes were closed, sun was still shiny and you squinted your face. You tried to open your eyes, but because of the aching head, light was way too sensitive for your eyes and nerves. Then you heard loud footsteps and realized that Magath was traditionally sitting on his horse. So, were the heavy footsteps that you heard Zeke's then? Did he actually run to you when he saw you fall down from the rope? You didn't know the answer to that and didn't want to think about it too. Somehow your chest was getting funnier while thinking about it. Idiot, idiot!