c h a p t e r 1 6 ▪︎ (continued)

Willow gave me a nervous smile which got reflected in her cold fingers. "Are you ready?"

"Ready as ever."

We began swaying to the slow beat as the crowd watched us in awe. They began taking our pictures and making videos as well. This must a rare sight for them, now that we know they want us together.

"Of course, that song!" she exclaimed with a sigh.

I furrowed, "Why? What's wrong with that?"

She smiled sheepishly, "Nothing just... you know. I wasn't expecting this one."

"Then what were you expecting?"

"Probably a funky one."

"Yeah, where we both be rapping or grooving to the R&B songs. That too as Vision and Wanda," I laughed, making her join too.

So far, we were dancing just fine, without hurting each other's toes. So, I took the chance and swirled her once. Willow gave me an impressive look.

"Hey, you're handling me just fine so far!"

"I thought you were handling me?"

She smiled heartily as her cheeks became as pink as a light-colored rose.

"Yeah, right."

"By the way... how did you got here? Weren't you staying home?"

"Ah, about that. It's quite a long story. But long story short; my stepmother and stepbrother are staying with her until I get back. She literally pushed me out of the house to attend this party!"

"What?" I laughed in between pauses. "But why?"

She shrugged, "Well, she's stubborn and knew how we've all been working hard for this whole event. Plus, this is my very first event at PRIZM and she didn't want me to miss out on this."

I thought her relations with her stepmother weren't that okay?

"I know what you're thinking," she said with an eye roll. "Yes, my stepmother. I'll give the deets later on."

I chuckled at how accurately she read my mind, "Alright."

By now, the music had ended and we, unfortunately, had to part away. I felt such a strong connection having her this close to me, and now I didn't feel good that she wasn't anymore. This thing is hitting me way sooner and way harder than I had expected. This is so different than what I have ever felt in my life. It's pure, unique, bright, and delicate. I'm loving this feeling more and more, and now that I have finally acknowledged it, I don't want to let go.

"Let's make a round of applause for the beautiful couple, everyone!" Kim walked up to us with a huge smile. However, we were glaring at her, and she very well knew why.

"I mean, you're Wanda-Vision at the moment. And they are a beautiful couple. Am I right, people?"

"Yes!" They all shouted in unison.

"Haha, just as I thought!" Kim laughed. "So, that was it, guys! A sweet dance by Wade and Willow. We love you two and your little performance. Thanks a lot, guys!"

We both smiled at her and the crowd.

"Now, let's get the party started," I declared with my arms open.

"Copy that!" Kim exclaimed. "So, now ladies and gentlemen! Without any further ado, I hereby declare the official commencement of this absolutely fun and beautiful party, meant just for you lovely folks. You are free to shake a leg, eat, swim, talk, sit - in a nutshell, do whatever that you like! Celebrate yourself, celebrate freedom, and celebrate love! Have a great time, y'all!"