Meeting Adalina

Fire walked towards the door and unlocked it

Fire walked towards the door and unlocked it. She opened it and Damian and Punishment got beside her. Adalina Martinez, Punishment's daughter, was standing in the door with her bags and Fire had a shocked look on her face.

Adalina: Hi, I'm Adalina Martinez, I'm lookin' for Punishment Martinez, my father?

Fire: Um, yeah, come on in, sweetie.

Adalina went inside and Fire closed and locked the door behind her. Adalina and Punishment hugged each other and he kissed her head. They told each other Happy Thanksgiving. 

Punishment: You couldn't wait to see me, huh?

Adalina: To be honest, no, I couldn't, and plus, I'd rather spend Thanksgiving with you than in my dorm. Where's the rest of the clan?

Punishment: In the dining room.

Fire: Let me take your bags, Adalina.

Adalina: Oh, no, it's okay, and I have been dyin' to meet you. Fire Stormborn, right?

Fire: Yeah, you have a beautiful name.

Adalina: Thank you, if only my mother had been really pretty like you. Hey, my father should've knocked you up, first. No offense, Damian.

Damian: None taken, baby girl.

They hugged each other and Fire half-laughed. She looked at Punishment and shook her head. 

Fire: You've gotta spicy one, Punishment.

She picked up Adalina's bags and went upstairs to Punishment's room. There was a pair of double doors that led into another room connected to Punishment's room and she pushed them open. She sat Adalina's bags in the walk-in closet and Laura's spirit appeared behind her. She turned around and began to let out a scream. Laura covered up her mouth quick-like and put her other hand on Fire's stomach.

Laura: Do not be afraid, Fire, I'm not here to hurt you. You will be pregnant by Damian very soon. If you need any answers, call on me or Luis.

She uncovered Fire's mouth.

Fire (shakily): Okay, I want you and Luis to lift the curse that you bestowed upon me.

Laura: It's not my place to do that and there is no liftin' the curse. It has been etched in stone and it can never be erased. Have a Happy Thanksgiving, Supreme Being, I'm glad to have finally met you.

She hugged Fire and disappeared. Fire went into the bathroom and splashed water on her face ten times. She cut the water off and dried her face and hands on a hand towel. She walked out of the bathroom and went back downstairs. Fire sat down beside Damian and ate her food in silence.

Michelle: So, how is the college life, Adalina?

Adalina: It's okay, but I'd rather be here with you guys than those jerks at college. They do too much partyin'.

Cassie: Yeah, that's the college life for ya. I would love to relive those moments again minus the binge drinkin'.

Adalina: You went to college, too, Cassie?

Cassie: Yes, Fire and I went to the same college, Columbia University, but she stayed there a lot longer than me. 

Adalina: What were your majors?

Cassie: Everything, we were the smartest in our class, weren't we, Fire?

Fire: Yeah, we were the valedictorians in our class. I'm gonna go get some more wine if you'll excuse me.

She got up from the table and went into the kitchen.

Adalina: Is she gonna be okay?

Punishment: Yeah, she's still adjustin' to being a supernatural being, and plus, I had to kill her unborn demonic children hours ago. It's a long story. I'll tell you about it later.

Damian: If you'll excuse me, I've gotta go check on Fire.

He got up from his seat and went into the kitchen. Fire opened a bottle of red wine and poured it into her wine glass. Damian slapped her ass and she took a sip of her wine.

Damian: What's goin' on, Fire? It's Thanksgiving, you should be happy, joinin' in on the conversations, and spendin' time with the family.

She looked at him and beads of sweat formed on her forehead. 

Fire: I saw Laura's spirit when I went to go put up Adalina's bags. She told me that I would be pregnant by you very soon and that if I needed answers to call her or Luis. I asked her if she could lift the curse that she put on me, and then, she told me that it wasn't her place to do so, it's Luis's. She also said that the curse can't be lifted and that it's etched in stone. It can never be erased. As long as that curse is on me, things will never go back to being what they were.

Damian: And what's that? You slavin' away as a human being at your bistro and livin' a mediocre life? You deserve better, Fire, and you deserve so much more than that. I don't know what else I can do to make you see that.

Fire: I fear for us and everybody else every day, Damian.

Damian: But you don't have to. I'm right here with you, babe. I wanna get you knocked up, you can drink as much wine as you want while you're pregnant, and you can give birth to the babies at the Northern Lights. You let me inside of your mind.

Fire laughed and covered her mouth up. He uncovered her mouth and started kissing her.

Fire: You're crazy.

Damian: We can get married in Egypt and enjoy the beautiful ceremony, afterwards.

Fire: Okay, I'm hungry, now.

They went back to the others and joined in the conversation.