Sudden Kiss - Chapter 35

Irene's POV

I saw Jennie roaming inside the company when Jin finally lossen his grip. I ran quickly to her as I greet her a warm hug after I shut the door so that she can't see him.

"Jen? What brought you here? Let's talk in my space." I said as I lead the way.

"Joohyun. I won't stay long. I'm afraid I'm disturbing you." She said as she looked down.

"Jennie? You're never a disturbance to me not like some bear out there." She giggled. "Let's talk over there okay?."

I looked back and gladly Jin didn't follow me. I need to hide him from Jennie. What if Junmyeon finds out.? What would he think of me.?I think he will think that I'm cheating on him.

We are now inside my space in this wide company.  "This is a nice place? Are you sure you're just a secretary here? It's like you're the wife or something." I almost choked on my water.

"Jen!?"

"Alright sorry."

"Maybe other workers here too." I said a I place a drink in front of her.

"You know what Joohyun.. I think the boss here is trying to steal you from your great husband. Why would he give a place like this for you? It's so fancy. "

"Jen. What brought you here?" She went here all the way so that we can talk about her concern. And if I don't take control we might end up talking about me.

Speaking of. Jennie was right.? It was few days when I heard someone talking about me. It's not the two in the elevator I encountered the last time. Many people hate me here then. Should I worry about my safety?

I was that time heading to his office when I accidentally heard other employees talking.

"Do you know that that room for the new secretary is newly renovated? The company can't spend a little to the workers, but for just a secretary suddenly... The c.e.o is being biased. I hate her."

"Do you think he  has something to her?" The other girl said.

"His Girlfriend." She emphasized the word Girlfriend.

"Hell no!" I blurted and covered my mouth realizing I'm saying it out loud.

I really don't have energy to fight with them. So I just let them be.

"Joohyun? Are you listening?" I didn't noticed Jennie was already stating her situation, I was lost in my thoughts and didn't heard her.

"I can't believe you want me to speak up but you're not interested at all." Jennie rolled her eyes.

"Forgive me your highness." I holded her hand.

"Fine."

"About Bogum.. do you think he likes someone?"

"So you mean you came all the way here just to talk about this? Jen. I'm working. You see." I slammed the papers.

"Bae Joo Hyun!." She yelled out

I have to cover her mouth so that she can stop yelling.

"Alright go on I'm listening." I raised my hand at the level of my head to promise.

"I mean... I have always been open to him lately. But he won't bother even a single reply. Can you help me meet him?"

"Maybe you're pressuring him.... Or maybe-"

"HE'S NOT GAY." She cut me off.

"Alright if you say so. I'll see what I can do." I sighed thinking about what can I do to make him meet her. This Bogum is stubborn.