Chapter 2 - Homeland (Edited)

As soon as he left, Bella let out the scream she had been holding in and began to cry. Kol did his best to comfort her, but the noise woke Rebekah. She hurried downstairs just in time to see Bella collapse. Kol and Rebekah exchanged a knowing look. "We'll need to move again," they thought.

It was late at night when Bella finally calmed down, recalling the first time they had met...

Flashback:

Bella had recently moved to Mystic Falls, their hometown, with Kol and Rebekah. Seeking solace, she wandered off the property and found a small stream. She sat there for some time before she heard footsteps approaching. She tensed but didn't turn around; a human shouldn't be able to hear them.

"Hello, Miss!" said an alluring voice. Bella pretended to be startled and turned around, meeting the most beautiful icy blue-grey eyes she had ever seen.

"I apologize. I didn't mean to startle you. I'm Damon Salvatore."

"It's quite alright, Mr. Salvatore. I'm Isabella Arlay. But please, call me Isa."

"Only if you call me Damon, Miss Isa."

End of flashback.

He had been so sweet to her, defending her honour when the mayor's son insulted her. Where had that Damon gone? That Damon, who couldn't bear to hear his best friend insulted, had been compelled by Klaus' dear doppelgänger to treat her as a novelty and degrade Bella as if she were unimportant.

"I will tear him apart. Just say the word, sister!" Rebekah angrily exclaimed, barely holding herself back.

"Neither you nor Kol will do such a thing. If he wants her, let it be so. We shall leave in a week. I need to see Klaus. Besides, I have a feeling the town will soon be aware of vampires."

They quickly arranged for their belongings to be transported to England, where Klaus now resided. Stefan was saddened to see Bella go, viewing her as an older sister. Damon merely gave her a cold look. You'd think that after being best friends for three years, he'd show some remorse at her leaving. But alas, Katherine had her claws deeply embedded in him.

After bidding farewell to the town families, they left.

~**~**~

A week after the Mikaelsons left, the town began hunting vampires. Stefan and Damon's father shot them, killing them.

Damon sat on a rock near the stream where he first met Bella, reflecting on everything that had happened. After he transitioned (courtesy of Stefan), Katherine's compulsion wore off. Now, he regretted everything he'd said to Bella. He had been in love with his best friend, but as soon as he revealed this to Katherine, she compelled him to love her instead.

He kept seeing Bella's broken face when he told her he hated her. He clenched his eyes in pain, unable to believe he ever called her such horrible names. How could he call her selfish and attention-seeking when he knew she was the most selfless person he had ever met and loathed attention? She was his home. She gave him the love he thought he'd never receive, and he exiled her. It was a bitter pill to swallow.

He punched a hole through the tree beside him, rage and regret boiling inside. He wanted to confront Katherine. How could she do this? Well, he knew the answer to that.

He had heard from Katherine that if one turns off their emotions, they don't feel anything. With the immense pain in his heart, he decided to do just that and took off into the night.

Stefan watched as his brother shut down his emotions and ran away. He felt guilty for making Damon complete his transition but didn't want to be alone in his vampiric life. With a sigh, he too disappeared into the darkness.

AN: I wanted to give the ages of everyone and give a little backstory to the Mikaelson clan:

Ages:

Bella - 18

Kol - 20

Rebekah - 19

Klaus - 21

Elijah - 23

Damon - 20

Stefan - 17

Backstory - The Mikaelsons all had one thing in common. They loved Bella very much. Bella's favourite siblings were Klaus, Kol and Henrik. Henrik is 14 when he dies. Bella was 13. Esther took a year to make the potion. They saved some part of the potion for Bella to give her when she grew older. Mikeal loved Bella a lot and did not abuse anyone in her presence. The one thing he and Klaus could get along on was to protect Bella and harm whoever hurt her.

Vote and Comment!