Part 17: Pre Sangeet

Next morning:
Prachi woke up first and smiled seeing Ranbir who was sleeping peacefully.
She went to the washroom and got ready quickly Then, she ordered for breakfast for both of them.
She sat on the couch with her laptop, her exams were tomorrow. She needed to ace it.

Ranbir woke up one hour later and saw her with the laptop. He also did his morning routine and made himself a cup of tea.
He approached her and kissed her forehead as he joined her on the couch.

He remembered the contract papers and told her.
Ranbir:"when your exams are done, please check these for me."
Prachi looked at him.
Prachi:"what is it?"
Ranbir:"it's the contract of the supplier here, there is something wrong with them. They are too overconfident."
Prachi:"give it to me, i will check it."
Ranbir:"after your paper tomorrow. Anyway the meeting with them is in the afternoon."

Prachi:"k then, tomorrow."
They heard knocks on the door.
Ranbir, confused:"you ordered something else?"
She nodded no so Ranbir went to the door. He opened to find Arhana.

Prachi:"what are you two doing here?"
Shahana sighed and sat on the bed.

Pranbir signed to Aryan what happened but he couldn't answer as he himself doesn't know.

Prachi:"what happened, Shahana? Why are you so...."
Shahana cut her off.
Shahana:"frustrated, irritated and fed up."
Prachi surprisingly nodded yes.

Ranbir whispered to Aryan:"what did you do?"
Aryan:"nothing bro. I am as clueless as you. She didn't talk the whole way till here."

Prachi, holding her by the shoulders:"Shahana, breathe. What happened?"
Shahana, sadly:"Rhea happened."
Aryan:"what did she do?"

Shahana:"she planned my bachelorette party."
Arbir and Prachi:"what?"
Shahana:"and Masi is insisting that i go since she already planned it."

Aryan:"Pragya Masi told you to go?"
Shahana:"i don't think Rhea told her that it is a bachelorette party, she must have said an only girls' party. I can't escape it now."

Prachi:"wait, wait. Am i the only one who doesn't seem to have a problem with the bachelorette? Why is it wrong?"
Shahana:"it's not wrong but Rhea planned it. Rhea... she never did anything for me. And that's only to show her friends. I don't like them, i can't tolerate her friends, forget a night with them."

Prachi:"should i come with you?"
Shahana looked at Prachi hopefully.

Arbir:"what?"
Prachi:"yeah, since she said that she can't escape it. At least she will have me there instead of going alone."
Ranbir:"that's true."
Shahana:"thanks a lot, Prach."
She only smiled at Shahana.

Shahana:"tomorrow night then."
Prachi thumbs up her.

Ranbir noticed a bag with Aryan and asked about it.
Aryan:"well, we know that Prachi might not have the traditional dresses so we brought for her."
Prachi, excitedly:"really?"
Shahana:"i hope you will like it."
Prachi:"you saved me for tonight as i hate shopping."
Shahana:"then let me take care of every dress for the wedding."
Prachi, hugging Shahana:"thank you."

Aryan:"come on. We need to be home now. And you (pointing to Ranbir) got to help me for something. Shahana will be with Prachi."
Ranbir went to change and the four left for Kohli's mansion.

Kohli's mansion:
Ranbir disappeared with Aryan to the latter's room while Prachi was with Shahana and Dida.

Prachi:"Dida? Why are Indian wedding so long? I mean all these days?"
Dida:"marriage is special, it should be celebrated. We don't miss an occasion of celebrating."
The girls were helping Dida with the celebration for a while then Shahana took Prachi to Mehra's house.