Part 46: Prachi in danger?

In the hospital:
Prachi was taken in the emergency ward while the family members waited outside. Ranbir was pacing around worriedly.
Aryan came there after completing the formalities.
Shahana signed him to go to Ranbir and he did.
He touched his shoulders and as Ranbir turned around he could see his eyes filled with tears.
Ranbir:"she will be fine, right? Nothing will happen to her. Nothing csn happen to her. Say she will be ok, she needs to be ok."
Aryan hugged him to comfort him.

Abhi also came to him.
Abhi:"nothing will happen to her, Champ. She will be fine."
Aryan:"yes bro. Prachi is very strong and you know it as well. She will get out of this."

Dida:"Ranbir, we need to inform Prachi's parents."
Ranbir:"they... they are out of town.. but i will call them."

Aryan:"you want me to call them?"
Ranbir:"please."
Aryan knew that he wasNt in the right state of mind to talk to anyone. He took his phone and called Mr. and Mrs. O.

After few torturous hours, the doctors came out. Ranbir rushed to then.
He asked about her.
Doctor:"her right hand burned slightly but it wasn't a serious burn. It will heal over the time."
Dida:"that means she is alright?"

Doctor:"her hand injury is not what i am concerned about."
Ranbir:"Doctor, what's wrong?"
Doctor:"Mr. Kohli, staying this long in fire is dangerous. Prachi inhaled lots of smoke. She is having problems breathing that's why we put her on artificial respiration."
Everyone looked on shocked.

Doctor:"and amid all of this she had a panic attack which affected her breathing again. We will keep her on artificial respiration for another hour. If she still doesn't breathe on her own then we will need to do a bronchoscopy."
Some of them exchanged looks as they didn't know what it meant.

Ranbir:"doctor, please, do anything that you want but i need her to be safe."
Doctor:"we will try our best, Mr. Kohli."
Saying this, he left.
Vikram and Pallavi joined everyone along with Rhea. She was furious at Shahana for locking her up but controlled herself seeing the situation.

Pallavi asked about Prachi and Dida updated her.
Dida:"but what is bronchoscopy?"
Aryan:"Dida, bronchoscopy is done in extreme cases where the patient does not show any sign of improvement.
It is a procedure performed through a small scope to directly look at the degree of damage done to the airways and to allow for suctioning of secretions and debris."

Pallavi:"that will involve lots of money."
Ranbir, angrily:"do you think i care about what it is going to cost right now?"
He said approaching her dangerously.
Vikram:"she was just saying."
Dida calmed Ranbir down along with Aryan.

Pallavi noticed how Ranbir was vulnerable when it comes to Prachi. She smirked.
Vikram noticed her smirk.
Vikram:"did you do this?"
Pallavi looked on smilingly. And he understood.
Vikram:"you could have killed her."
Pallavi:"nothing as such happened. But if it did, Ranbir would have broke completely."

Vikram looked at her.
Vikram:"killing someone was not our intention."
Pallavi:"come on Vikram. She didn't die."
Vikram left frustratedly.

An hour has passed, still there was no update about Prachi's condition. Ranbir has been asking every single person coming and going but in vain.
Finally the doctor himself came out.
Doctor:"we will have to start the bronchoscopy." He asked the nurse to make Ranbir sign the formalities.
He completed them all and they started.

The bronchoscopy is normally about 30mimutes but it lasted for an hour for Prachi.
During this time, Ranbir was anxious and on edge. He never felt so helpless. He wasn't being able to do anything.
Everyone went to the canteen for water or coffee.
Aryan came to him with a glass of water.

Aryan:"have some. You also need strength to take care of her when she wakes up."
Ranbir nodded no. He didn't want anything. He just needed to know that she is fine. That's all.

Aryan:"she will be fine."
Ranbir looked at him and Aryan noticed his red and teary eyes. He hugged him.
Ranbir cried in his arms.
Ranbir:"she needs to be fine, Aryan. What will i do without her?"
He cried more in his arms and Aryan just comforted him.
Aryan:"she is going to be fine. She will fight this. She is your Prachi. Ranbir's Prachi. She knows to fight just like you."

The doctor came out just then and called Ranbir. He wiped his tears quickly and faced the doctor.
Doctor:"she will be fine, and the bronchoscopy went well. But bear in mind that as it was inserted in her throat, it might irritate her for a few days and she might have shortness of breath for a few days in case of exhaustion. So avoid any exerting activity."
Ranbir nodded.

He handed a prescription to Aryan.
Ranbir:@Can i meet her?"
Doctor:@We are shifting her in the room, then you can meet her. Make sure she rest completely."
Ranbir once again nodded.

Prachi was shifted in a room and Ranbir entered the room.
He approached her and noticed how pale she looked. He sat next to her and held her hands. And all his feeling that he was avoiding up till now came out.  The tears came out uncontrollably. He bent his head on the bed.
Prachi regained consciousness hearing his sobs.

She touched his hair and stroked it. He looked at her.
Prachi:"nothing happened. I am fine. And you know it right? That i am stubborn, i wasn't going to leave you this easily."
Ranbir hugged her crying and laid besides her. She stroked his hair to comfort himz and he just hugged her as if she would escape from him.

Aryan looked at them from the door and smiled. Shahana and Dida joined him. They were also teary eyed seeing the couple.
Dida:"we should leave them alone for a bit."
Arhana nodded yes.

—————-
Happy Diwali everyone.
And hope you like this one. Thank you for all the love and comments.
❤️❤️❤️