III: ℑ𝔪𝔭𝔯𝔢𝔰𝔰𝔦𝔬𝔫𝔦𝔰𝔪

"Maho, I gave you the painting ... ?"

Your friend from beside you tilted her head to face you. She didn't figure that you would still be caught up in that topic after hours have already passed by.

Maho knitted her brows and pursed her lips "Umm, yeah. When I asked you why the sudden gift, you told me you were getting rid of unnecessary things that took up space in your room."

You gave her a petulant expression, internally face-palming yourself as to how could you forget about such detail. "Did I tell you I painted it?"

She nodded. "Mhm, I told you how beautiful it was and asked if you painted it, seeing as your signature was there and you said thanks."

Maho frowned as she continued, being doubtful about what she remembers as well. "Look, I don't really remember it anymore. How, when, where you gave it to me. But I do know it had your signature since I recently hung it on my bedroom wall."

You were now full of questions as your face contorted to one that resembles a grimace. "It's with you right now?!"

"Yes?"

"How?"

"... I took it."

"No, I meant since when did you have it on your bedroom wall?!"

"I told you I went to my parent's house last week to pick up some of the belongings I left. Figured I could at least redesign my interior and shit."

"Can I see it?" You mumbled but she hadn't seemed to hear you as she continued, "Oh! And I saw the lego sets we used to build too! I also have them with me! But they're in my closet right now harboring specks of dust." She squinted her eyes and stuck her bottom lip out.

"Maho," you repeated. "Can I see the painting?"

She looked at you blankly, before nodding in a slow up-and-down motion. "Sure, I guess."

"I mean like right now."

"What?! I thought you needed to go home. Your little loverboy is gonna kill me, please."

"I'm serious. I just need to see it again."

"He said he needs you back at 7 pm sharp! Plus, I'm tired as fuck." She glared daggers at you, remembering the fact that you had a low tolerance for alcohol and would get batshit crazy after getting drunk. You pleaded with puppy dog eyes and pouted lips as you scooted closer to her; trying your best to make her cave into your request yet it didn't seem to work.

"Nuh-uh. You'll just trash around my apartment again." She took her hand and pushed your face with it, giving more space between the two of you. Every time you came by her home, you would initiate a drink or two of either champagne or tequila. She couldn't afford to let you inside her apartment while she's initiating a renovation there. You puffed out your cheeks, sending a message that you were irritated with Maho's refusal. Then, with your hands crossed over your chest, you sighed, knowing that you'll just have to try to convince her again tomorrow.

The rest of the car ride was silent, the only sounds you could hear were the screeching of tires the other cars made and the clicking of the driver's tongue; though you did not recognize the man up front. You could feel yourself doze off as the driver in front of you drove towards your respective destinations. It was gonna be a long car ride, you thought to yourself, as it was late and traffic ought to appear in the busy streets of Tokyo.