IX: 𝔖𝔭𝔯𝔦𝔫𝔤 𝔯𝔦𝔡𝔢

*Please wait for the signal indicating when you should press play on the video above; which is probably gonna be like at the middle of this chapter.*

  ꧙꧙꧙꧙꧙ ⊱ꕥ⊰ ꧙꧙꧙꧙꧙

The bells chimed for the second time indicating that students should already leave the premises of the school as you were all dismissed for the day

The bells chimed for the second time indicating that students should already leave the premises of the school as you were all dismissed for the day. Your groupmates decided to continue the work at someone's house later on. The Math performance task was to be done by 3 members; the class counted off by 1-12 since there were a total of 36 students. The people who got the same number would be members of the same group.

You were teamed up with Chifuyu and the girl named Madoka who sat in front of you. It was only Monday afternoon and yet your schedule was already filled with hectic tasks and deadlines. Just last Thursday you had completed a tedious assignment about a book report on English with Juno and now another one has been assigned to you yet again. Though, this was about making an artwork using conic sections such as parabolas, ellipses, and hyperbolas.

"We'll be leaving now," Chifuyu told you as he went near the classroom door with Madoka. She was going to catch a ride with him.

"Alright, bye!" you waved goodbye to each other as you continued fixing your bag. Chifuyu's motorcycle could only fit in two people and so you let Madoka and him go ahead towards his house. You were having the group meeting at his place, which meant that you were gonna run along Baji's too. They lived in the same apartment complex, after all.

Chifuyu pat Baji's shoulder, indicating that he was bidding goodbye to him.

"Are they going on a date?" Baji turned to face you as soon as Chifuyu left the room. He was currently having problems with piling up his notebooks into his bag.

You decided to lend him a hand as you reached over to his table and stacked up his things in a neat order to fit them all inside his bag, "No. We're finishing the Math work at Chifuyu's place."

"Ahh," he nodded. When he saw that you were done fixing his things, he mumbled a quiet "Thanks."

"You're welcome."

He did not like asking for help from you with small things like that. You supposed it hurt his manly ego or whatever, but you couldn't help but give him assistance. Seriously, what ninth-grader wouldn't know how to organize their things?

"Lucky girl, she gets to go to his house just because of an assignment," you told Baji.

"God has his favorites," he replied.

"For letting her go into someone's house?" you asked him. Of course, you knew what he meant, but you prodded the conversation just for the sake of continuing it.

"Yeah, I wish he would let me in someone's house too," he joked while showing a humorous smile on his lips.

"Like whose?"