LI: 𝔜𝔬𝔲'𝔩𝔩 𝔟𝔢 𝔣𝔦𝔫𝔢

Once you managed to calm down, Draken ushered you to sit down on the couch. Frantic and confused did not even begin to describe the distressing feeling that kept your heart heavy and chest tight. You felt like a massive building collapsed right on your head and you were left with ringing ears and a heart that seized to beat. The cushions of the couch were solid as Rock while the floor was slowly gobbling down your trembling feet. You did not show it, of course. You could not show them you were nervous, nor you were scared. The walls could catch fire and all you would do is stare. This interrogation was fraught with high risks and danger. One wrong move and everything would crumble down, leaving you with no other choice other than to accept the unfair consequences that came with your fair actions.

The ticking of the clock seemed more heavy than usual, it reverberated throughout the whole house. Time was moving, and yet you felt as if it wasn't. Before you knew it, it was past dawn and the sun rose to the heightened blue sky. Any trace of the brilliant stars was washed away by the pasty clouds. Though the sun was shining as bright as it was in summer, everything felt a little too gloomy for your liking. Your face felt so hot that you were sure you would explode any second now. The sudden urge to pace around the living room was tempting to do, but alas, you could not move your feet even an inch— not when the private investigator who sat opposite you was eyeing you carefully, following your every move and finger twitch.

"I didn't do anything wrong, did I?" You shakily muttered.

The investigator waved his hand dismissively and presented a simper. "No, no. We're just here to ask some things about the victim."

"Victim?" You were about to scoff when you heard that pretense word. Aki was anything but a victim. The urge to correct them and reiterate why he deserved every stab that punctured his body was very tantalizing, but you were not dumb. You knew you could not out yourself and Draken just because you could not hold off your grudges.

The man in front of you cleared his throat. "There's something we'd like to clear up. It's Aki's affiliation with a girl named Shi Juno."

You tried to stifle a gasp from escaping past your lips. Shit. They know.

"We collected these pictures from his apartment," he stated while bringing out a folder from his bag. He set them down on the table for you to look at. "Seems like they were pretty close. They could've made a cute couple, no?"

"What," you gritted through your teeth. "He is Juno's greatest mistake ever. That and the fact he's a literal delinquent? My friend deserves better. He literally made her kill—"

When Draken signaled you to shut up by cutting his hand through the air, you realized that you let your feelings get the best of you. He was standing in the corner of the room, by the piano. The investigator's point of view did not reach him. And it was a good thing that it didn't because Draken's gesture would have been very suspicious. As it seemed, you had already outed the fact that Juno and Aki were not on good terms. Draken waited too long to prompt you to stop. No, this was your fault.

You shifted your focus to the pictures set on the table. Each one of them captured the genuineness of Juno's smile and the wicked eyes of Aki. In one photo, Juno had her arm wrapped around Aki's shoulder. You haven't seen those pictures before. They must have been Juno's copies since Aki would never photograph them like that. You wondered why the investigator told you it was from Aki's apartment, though. Was it because he was trying to set you up and make you reveal everything you know by correcting his refutable statements?

"So, you were saying?" The man in front prompted you to continue.

You fixed your gaze on the floor and pursed your lips.