Chapter 2: Lying Eyes

The last thing anyone wants to hear at eight in the morning is the sound of glass shattering. I swear, sometimes I can’t take these girls anywhere. I yawned and stretched out across the large bed I was sleeping in, tangled up in the soft lavender sheets. A huge upgrade from the sketchy full-sized bed I would've had to share back at the motel. Thanks to Angel ‘randomly’ giving Slash the details of where we were staying, he decided his new favorite girls were too precious to stay in a dump like that. So he upgraded us; with another condition, of course. We have to come to their next show. Backstage, for the same purpose. They didn’t even put it to a vote. Why would they? I was the only one being such a baby about it… I mean, it’s just sex, right? Why is it so hard for me to just give it up? 

I stood up, digging my toes into the velvety cream colored carpet. Excited female voices bounced off the walls, making me groan and roll my eyes. It's too early for this shit. As I cautiously stepped out into the living room/kitchen area, I saw Chris with a broom and dustpan already in her hands. She gave me an apologetic smile. "Mornin', Rose. Uh, stay over there for a sec." 

Didn't have to tell me twice. Diamond and Angel were both sitting on stools along the island that separated the small kitchen space from the living room. There was a steaming mug clutched in Angel's hands, but Diamond had embarrassment plastered across her forehead. Butterfingers. She's always been clumsy.  

"I thought we already agreed that Diamond can't be trusted with anything that isn't plastic." I said, smirking at her. 

"Oh, fuck you." She flipped me off, grinning back at me. "I've never been up this early. Shit, I don't think I've ever slept that good before."

Angel sipped from her mug, letting her long blonde hair fall over her shoulder as she leaned in Diamond's direction. "Was it the expensive bed that did it? Or getting your brains screwed out?" 

The two of them cackled as Chris cleaned up the last bits of the broken ceramic mug. I was all clear to enter the kitchen, but I lingered in the doorway. Look at them… I may not be a fan of how they get things done, but they were practically glowing. That post-sex rejuvenation that all the magazines would write about. And here I was, just- How did I feel? Thinking back on last night, there was definitely frustration at them for putting me in that position. Frustration towards myself for not seeing it coming. Then there was Michael… 

"How was Michael?" Diamond asked me, bringing me back to reality. All eyes were on me now, even Chris looked up from the large pan of scrambled eggs she was working on. "I didn't hear a lot of noise from you two. Couldn't hear much of anything over Jennifer and the music." Chris looked proud of herself, soaking in the praise. She had Jennifer's legs wrapped around her neck for most of our time there. 

"Oh. W-we uh, didn't have sex." Goddamn it, don't start stuttering now. Just tell them about the kiss, like he said. I cleared my throat and tried to loosen up my tense posture. "I sucked his dick though." WHAT?!