Chapter 2

"Her name is Scarlet." Cas begins as Dean and Sam crowd around him, their eyes wide with mixed emotions. "She's 17... And yes, she is half angel, and half demon. We don't know that much about her family, or how that is possible, but we do know that her father is Crowley."

"Crowley? A father?" Sam laughs, looking Cas in the eyes. "Are you positive?"

"I'm about as positive on this as I am that Dean is secretly in a relationship with his car." Castiel remarks to Sam with an exasperated sigh, which earns a breathy laugh from Dean.

"That's pretty damn sure. Are you jealous Cas?" Dean smirks, and Castiel rolls his eyes.

"Anyways, as I was saying, her mother is unknown. Crowley has no idea who the mother might be. For the past years, Crowley has been taking care of Scarlet, but he can't now. He asked me if I would... Watch over her, to make sure she's safe, but I refused. Crowley then told me if I didnt, he'd kill her."

"So, you said yes?" Sam concluded, furrowing his brows.

"Yes, I did."

"You basically just took pity on this chick? Doesn't this seem, oh I don't know, dangerous? We're talking about an angel/demon hybrid! Aren't these things dangerous? Plus, it's Crowley you're dealing with!" Dean shouts, anger rising in his voice and burning in his eyes.

"Dean, I haven't exactly explained everything. There are more details to the story." Cas flashes back, eyes blazing with fury. Dean sighs and flops back down on his bed.

"Fine Cas. Continue." Castiel squirms where he sits before continuing.

"Crowley came to me about a week ago-"

"Same time Deans dreams began." Sam interjects.

"Yes, and Crowley told me that he had something for me to do. I was skeptical, yes, because, as you said Dean, it is Crowley, but he began telling me that he had a daughter-"

"Fine, young adult. Would've made an excellent demon, that she would." A voice snakes from behind Sam, who whips around to come face to face with light hazel brown eyes.

"Crowley!" He spits, leaping back and tripping over Deans shoes, toppling to the ground. Dean stiffles a laugh while Castiel simply watches the scene through the same squinted eyes. Crowley just stares down at him with a disgusted face.

"Ah, good to see you too, Sammy." He snorts. Crowleys a medium sized man, pudgy with short dark hair. He wears a black suit, and his eyes are a light mixture of chestnut brown and hazelnut green, with a slight reddish glint to them, hinting his inner demon. "Are you telling them about my dear Scarlet?" He questions, leaning down towards Cas, his breath swirling around Castiels face.

"Yes." Is his simple answer.

"Fair enough. I actually figured that you would tell your boyfriend first." he grins, narrowing his eyes in amusement. "Anyhow, I told Cas that Scarlet was just getting too much for me, with me being King of Hell and all. She just became a burden to watch with her teenage needs, and wanting new this and that, and gossip, and makeup, and boys, and drama, and oh she just gave me headaches! So, I asked Castiel here of he'd watch over her. He disagreed, naturally, at first, but he became smart and realized that once Anna and Raphael find out about her, they will want her dead."

"So I reluctantly agreed." Castiel concludes, standing up and glaring at the demon.

"And where, exactly, is my dear daughter, anyway?" Crowley asks, eyes searching the room.

"Home. She stays with a friend of mine." Cas responds, lowering his head slightly.

"You think it's wise to leave such a powerful being alone? With these angels and demons both snapping at her heels for her blood?" Crowley snorts, then realizes what he said. Him and Cas exchange an alarmed glance with each other before they both disappear from the room. Sam jumps from where he sat on the ground and Dean leaps from the bed, both ready to protest the disappearnence. but they are already gone.