Chapter 13

Sam swung his sword down and slashes at the Angel in front of him. The angel shrieked in pain, then collapsed to the ground, white burning through his skin. Ducking to the side, Sam kicked out at an Angel he recognized, and grinned.

"Hello Castiel."He smiled, raising his sword. Castiels eyes grew wide as he watched Sam bring the sword down, but at the last minute found his ability to move and ducked out of the way.

"Dean!" Cas yelled, turning back to Sam and swinging his fist at him, knocking the man to the ground.

"What Cas?" Dean answered, appearing next to the Angels side. Deans shirt was torn and bloody, and scratches lined his face, but he gripped his blade tight and kept it close."It's dangerous for us to just be standing here Cas-"

"Dean?" Sam groaned, standing up and shaking his head.

"Sammy?" Dean filled momentarily with brief relief, but remained guarded altogether, keeping his eyes locked on his brother.

"Yes Dean... It's me." Sam cooed, his eyes gleaming. Dean walked forward, lowering his blade.

"Sam, you son of a bitch. Stop this. Quit this battle. It isn't our battle, Sam. Please..."

"Dean, what are you doing?" Castiel hisses, storming up beside Dean, his eyes blazing.

"I'm trying to save my brother Cas." Dean retorts, and Sam laughs.

"Dean, just stop. This battle has to happen. Scarlet must be brought back to hell. And Lucifer must take his rightful throne back."

"No, Sam. That's Satan talking right now. You're not being you Sam. You need to snap out of this!" Cas stiffens from beside Dean, cocking his head as he looks into Sams eyes.

"Dean... He's under Lucifers spell... He won't stop until he, or Lucifer is dead." Deans eyes widen with shock, his body shaking.

"Sam no... Come back to us, please." Dean almost begs. "I'm not loosing you again." Sam laughs, his eyes suddenly growing cold.

"Dean, that's your problem. You let family get in your way all the time. You never look at the big picture; you only look at whether or not you can keep everyone safe." Smirking, Sam lunges forward and kicks out, sending Dean sprawling to the ground. Dean lands with a thud, laying there winded. Castiel turns to Sam, but sighs as he watches the Winchester disappear into the thick of the fighting.

"Dean... I tried to warn you-"

"I know Cas, alright?" Dean grumbles, standing up and picking his blade up from the ground. "He's gone... And we have to fight this battle, like we would any other one."

"Dean, if your attacker is not an angel, kill them." Dean and Castiel lock eyes, Deans glazed with sadness, but filled with anger.

"Every last one of Satan's bitches." He agrees. They nod to each other, then melt into the fighting.

Lucifer slashes at Michael, ripping open his brothers arm. Michael howls in pain, then turns to Gabriel and kicks out, sending him ramming into the oak tree once more.

"Oh Lucifer... Why must you always take battle so slow?" Michael snarls, turning and plunging his knife deep into Lucifers calf. Lucifer shrieks, his eyes wide with pain. Gabriel scrambles up and jumps at Michael, pulling him from Lucifer and throwing him to the ground. Michael smiles, his eyes glinting. "Really Gabriel? You will side with Lucifer? Really? Why? Look at what all he's done to you. Do you not realize that most of the pain he has ever done to you had been deliberate? He's always wanted you to suffer Gabriel. He doesn't care for you. I do though. I always have." Gabriel squeezes his eyes shut, gripping tightly at his sword.