Chapter 11- A Series of Whos and Whats

It was now Monday morning and everyone at the party had been taken in for questioning. Chloe and I had multiple times mainly because half the school thought Chloe did it and the other half thought I did.

"No! For the last time, I had nothing to do with the disappearance of Joshua Hyland." I said angrily at my principal. He shot me a glare and said "Send in Miss Lukasiak." I nodded and walked out of the office.

"Your turn." I said to Chloe who was sitting in a chair by the main office. She rolled her eyes and did as told.

I continued to lunch as usual. My table was completely empty except for Paige. "Maddie! Nobody will even look at me." She said quietly. "It's because of me." I said blankly. We paused to listen to the girls behind us, Kendall and Kalani. "That little tramp! Who does she think she is?" Said Kalani rudely. "But what if it's not Chloe, I think it's that Madison girl." Replied Kendall.
"Maybe."
"She's turned into a mini Chloe. I heard she went to the principals today."
I turned to Paige and sent her a scared look.

Of course I thought it was Chloe, but maybe it wasn't. What if it was the same person who kidnapped me that night. It could easily be him. Perhaps it was Nia, she was avoiding the crowd on Friday. I wasn't sure how I felt about it all. I couldn't make myself believe that he was actually dead, which we didn't know for sure if he actually was or not. Why am I thinking of who it could've been when lots of people think it was me? I guess it makes sense, I did pretty much make it seem like I hated him Friday and I went missing to the bathroom during most of the party. There was only one way to prove I was innocent; to find who actually did it.

First step: Investigate my first suspect. Well, that was Chloe and I couldn't really do that at the moment, so I skipped right to suspect two. Except, I had no way of contacting suspect two. I didn't even know his name.

I pulled out my phone and sent a text to Nick saying "I'm walking home today after school, start looking for me if I'm not there by five."

After school, I followed the plan and walked home. My purpose was to wait on the bench to see if I could find my suspect. It took a while before I noticed anything unusual though. At about 4:30, someone tapped on my shoulder.