Three

Jennie

It was a beautiful Sunday morning. I got up so early and decided to take my dog for a walk on the park near the place I am living. The cold weather of January complimenting the wonderful sun making it not too cold on a Sunday morning. The park is peaceful, not too crowded. Only a few people doing a morning exercise, some are sitting with a cup of coffee on their hands.

Kuma ran around happily, his tail wagging left and right , jumping there and here. Sometimes, he will occasionally rub his fur on my legs, looking up to me with his puppy eyes like begging me to come join him play. But the weather is too beautiful to waste, plus I am not up for running. So I unleash him and let him roam around.

I watch him enjoy himself catching the butterflies flying above him, and play with whatever insects he sees.

"Kuku!"

A voice echoed in my mind. The same bubbly and cute voice I find it so hard to resist whenever I hear it.

"Kumayaaah come back here." Lisa ran as she follow the hyperactive brown Pomeranian that we bought 4years ago. "Baby Kukuuu!"

"Lisayaa." I called. Her head look back on the direction where I sat, under a big tree, giving us shade from the beautiful sun. I signalled Lisa to come and the bubbly thigh grin widely, hopping like a grasshopper as she make her way to me.

"Yes baby?" That endearment made my heart triple backflips whenever it comes out of her precious mouth.

A gummy smile tug on my lips, making Lisa giggle at the sight. "I love how you call me that." Lisa settled herself in between my legs, leaning her back on my front and resting her head on my chest.

"What? The baby?" I nod, kissing her side head.

"It make me feel like a baby."

"Because you're really my baby."

"And how about kuma?"

"He's 'our' other baby." Lisa replied, emphasizing the word our.

Our. What would it feel like to have our own baby? Like being a real family. I am sure that will be great. Especially with Lisa.

"I love you Jennie." Her goofy smile showing.

"Penny for your thoughts?" I look up on the direction of the voice and found Irene standing beside me, handing me a cup of coffee. I mouthed thanks and she settled beside me.

"What are you doing here?" I asked.

Irene watch Kuma run around the grass field, his tongue sticking out all the time. "I stop by on the café near and saw you here. What are you doing here alone? Where's Taylor?"

"He's on day off, I was just taking Kuma for a walk."

"How old is he?"

"Four."

"He grew up so fast."

"Indeed."