Eight

Lisa

"Hi! How may I help you?" The receptionist greeted in a cheerful voice.

I am currently inside the Nieeh main branch, and decided to pay my girlfriend a visit since I got nothing else to do. The studio is pretty quiet and a few editing needed that can be done by my staffs.

"Hello, I'm looking for Jennie Kim. Is she here?" The receptionist didn't speak, and instead stare at my face. Is she checking me out? My brows knitted and Janeth, the receptionist remained staring. "Ahm, excuse me?"

"Janeth!" A petite young woman emerges on the corner of the building, with a tablet on her arm. "What did I told you about flirting with customers." Janeth bowed her head, hiding her blushing cheeks from the new comer. The sight made me giggle, are all Jennie's staffs like this? I might like working here.

Lia, the new comer base on her name plate face me with an apologetic smile. "I am sorry Ms. Beautiful. Is there anything I can help you with?" Lia look on the bouquet of daisies on my arms then back to my face. So much for flirting.

"Actually yes. Is Jennie here?" Lia squinted her eyes on me. Judging from her looks, she don't trust me.

"Hi, I am Lia and I am Ms. Kim's secretary. May I know if you have a scheduled appointment with her?"

I shook my head. "Honestly I don't have. I am here to surprise visit her."

"I'm sorry ma'am but Ms. Kim does not allowed unscheduled meetings and visits." Typical Jennie. Hate things that are unplanned.

"Is that so." Lia nodded and turned to Janeth asking for Jennie's whereabouts.

"Ms. Lia, Mr. Chanyeol is currently upstairs with Ms. Jennie right now." Lia slammed her hands on the marble counter that made Janeth and I startle. Chanyeol? The ex manager??

"What?! Why did you let the man in! Oh God I am so dead with Ms. Kim! You! Call the security upstairs and tell them not to let the man in!" And Lia quickly walk away, storming to the elevator which I followed.

The name made my blood boil. What is the man doing? Can't he just leave Jennie alone?

"Oh gosh why are you here?? You shouldn't be here. Ms. Kim will be mad at me!!" Lia said nervously.

I smiled. "Don't worry Ms. Lia, she will not be. Trust me."

"But I don't know you! What if you're a scammer! Gosh I'm really dead!" I chuckled and touch Lia's shoulder.

"Lia, trust me. The one you should be worried about is the guy. Not me."

The elevator opened and Lia stormed out of the metal box, running straight to Jennie's office probably. I followed Lia until she reaches Jennie's door aiming for the handle but I beat her to it and opened the door myself.

"Miss! You must not enter!"

The sight of a glaring kitten welcomes me, looking at the man in front of her. Her hands palming into a fist as she stood behind the wooden table.

"Chan I said leave me alone and I am not interested. How many times do I have to tell you that." Jennie's voice restrained. Stopping herself from lashing out.