Twenty-Three

Guess I'm writing now while watching. I mean who cares? Hahahah. If there are words that suddenly appear on the story out of the blue, maybe its from the series I'm watching xD

Lisa

I rushed to the village, hitting 100km/h. I was damn worried.

Mrs. Bae is suffering from Leukemia, a very traitor disease, discovered when everything is incurable. It breaks my heart, but it breaks Irene's more.

She discovered when she's out of the country working, and work wouldn't let her go. And being a friend and giving back to the Bae's I offered to took care of Mrs. Bae. In fact I owe her my life. And I would do everything to give back to her.

But I was driven by so much care to others I actually forgot who and what I am.

I am a girlfriend, a wife, a partner. And I am becoming a complete asshole. Totally neglecting her girl. And so I did my best to make it up to her, focus on her even though there are times that I still worry.

But Jennie has been and always been understanding. Despite all the arguments and continues explanations about my situation with the Bae's, she never gets angry, and always chose to understand. She's been perfect. And I wasn't.

Do I really deserve that girl?

I have to deserve that girl.

I have to because I love her and I want to be with her.

~

I arrived at the village hospital and 7pm and I was welcome by an Irene sitting at the small lobby of the old hospital. Wasted, devastated. There are only a few people around and she easily spotted me. Irene stood up from her chair, and hug me like her life was depending on me. She let out hurtful sobs for her mother and my hands instantly flew to her back, caressing it.

Irene is like a sister to me, being in her old house with her mom feels like I've got another mom and a sister. We practically became close to each other even though we are formally friends. And hearing Jennie saying she's in love with me? I can't help but doubt it. It's just... impossible.

"Unnie.." Irene continued to cry and I just let her let it out until she finally calms and face me wiling the tears under her eyes.

"She's in there, waiting for you." She said, pointing to an old door with a small sign of ER. I quickly make my way on the said room, opening the door carefully.

A healthy looking woman lies on the bed, but on the contrary, she doesn't. She's dying inside. Mrs. Bae weakly smiled at me when her gaze landed on mine and I gave her a huge smile, trying to be positive and sets the gloomy mood into a brighter one.

"There you are." I greeted as I step closer, sitting on the bed beside her. "I was told my favorite cook wants to see me. Anything I can do?"

Mrs. Bae smiles more, grabbing my hand. "Silly." She breathe. "I wanted to see my favorite clown, she makes me really happy."

"I'm kinda offended Mrs. Bae. This beauty? And will only be labeled as a clown? I'm hurt." I throw her a fake offending look that causes her to giggle. The woman rest for a while and stare at me. Her hand reaches for my cheek.