Twenty-Eight

Jennie

"Jennie are you sure its not Aunt Celine?" Jisoo asked, we are all gathered inside Lisa's office.

During the meeting with a possible investor, my kind is bothered on the Bae's. The woman, who claimed to be aunt Celine is not. I know Aunt Celine. I've seen her twice during our trainee days, but she's far from the Aunt Celine that I know.

That woman is claiming to be Aunt Celine, I know because the bracelet that Lisa and I pick for her confirms it. She's not Aunt Celine. Who is she? That's the question lingering in my mind the whole time. What is her relation to Irene and why is she pretending to be Irene's mom?

"I'm sure unnie. We've seen her twice remember? I still remember her, and she's bot Aunt Celine. I swear. And the bracelet that Lisa and I picked for hear, she's wearing it. She confirms that it is from Lisa's."

"Then why? Why does she have to pretend to be someone else?"

"That I don't know. That keeps bugging me too." I said and look at Lisa who's not talking since earlier. Her face is contorted, bothered and keeps sighing for several times now.

"You say she's sick right?" I nod at Rosie's question. "Then why is she out of the hospital?"

"I don't know too. She looks healthy for a sick woman. This doesn't seem right. All of it."

All of us are in deep thinking. Trying to connect all the dots. I watch Lisa who's looking at her window, not moving.

"Hun." I called. Lisa slowly look at me, she looks lost. "Come here?" She oblige and sat beside me. My hands automatically move over heres, intertwining it.

"Lisa, you've been with them the whole time. Didn't you notice something strange about them?" He sister ask. All of our curiosity focused on the Bae's.

"No, I uh.. I haven't notice anything." Of course she wouldn't notice because she was focused on taking care and returning the favor to the Bae's. She doesn't know what does the real Celine look like. She save her life and Lisa will not think of anything bad to her.

"So what is the reason why Irene is calling that woman, her mom? If its not. I don't understand." Rosie asked.

"That's what we have to find out. I've checked Irene's social media and there is no woman their except for one, who happens to be the one we met before. But there is no caption." Jisoo answered, still scrolling on her phone.

"And why is she faking her illness. If she's really faking it." Rosie added. "Is she really faking it Lisa?"

Lisa sighed. Shifting on her sit comfortably. "I honestly don't know how to answer you guys. When I'm visiting her she looks so weak and tired. And doctors keep visiting her."

We fell into silence. All of us are thinking for possible reason as to why Irene is treating a woman her mom when practically she isn't. Is Irene have other relatives? But Lisa they don't have anyone. Is she lying?

What about the feelings? Lisa once mentioned that Irene is faking her feelings. Even seducing her feels like fake to her.

What is she hiding? Is she hiding something? How can I know the truth. And why does it bother me so much? Why Lisa?

We are left with questions. That woman leaves us uncomfortable. I was left with Lisa inside her office. My wife seems to be lost. Thinking. Wondering. I have to know.