𝐱𝐢. 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐭𝐨𝐝𝐚𝐲

TIME STOPS 11x24

"I had a great time, tonight." Matilda told her, a piece of her blonde hair fell from her very, very messy bun.

"I did too, Matilda." Meredith smiles, and puts the piece of hair behind Matildas ear. "I'll see you tomorrow." Meredith whispers, but doesn't move, looking into Matilda's blue eyes. "If neither of us move, I'm gonna do something we both regret."

"Then do it." Matilda smiles, as her cheeks flush.

Before Meredith got any further in the dream, she bolted up, fully awake, as if it were a nightmare.

She looked over at the time, seeing it was just about time to get up for work. Her first day back in months.

She made some breakfast for the kids, as Amelia fed Ellis.

"Where did you go last night?" Amelia asked her.

"Out." Meredith said, leaving it there.

"Yeah, I know. I heard you come in." Amelia patted Ellis' back. "Where did you go?"

"I just— called Matilda and we went for coffee." Meredith continued cutting up the kid's snack. "That's all." Meredith lied, not telling her about the dream she had. No way should would. Her husband just died.

Later that day Meredith was at Alex's house, where Matilda and Maggie were.

"Now, wait, hang on." Meredith chuckles, "Alex hosted a Christmas party?"

"Well, "Hosted" is a bit of an exaggeration, right?" Maggie asked Alex, laughing.

"Whatever. There was a tree." Alex told Meredith.

"Yeah, there was a sad, sad tree, god." Maggie said, chuckling.

"Oh, god. That tree was very sad. But the party was even worse." Matilda laughed, eating her pizza.

"The party must've been bad, you left early." Alex reminisced.

"I dropped Joce off at her friends house!"

"And never came back!"

"Okay, okay." Matilda said, ending that conversation, so she wouldn't have to take that conversation into detail.

🌹

Amelia walked up to Meredith, who was standing at the O.R. board.

"Hey." Amelia greeted her. "Just finished my corpectomy did I miss it?"

"No, you're good." Meredith's phone chimes.

"Wow." She looks at her phone, "That was fast."

"What was fast?" Amelia erased her surgery off the board.

"I put out feelers with a real-estate agent about the house, and looks like I got an offer." She pointed to her phone.

"You're selling the house?"

"No." Meredith shook her head. "I— I don't know. Maybe."

"Why do people constantly feel the need to kill their arteries?" Maggie asked, erasing her surgery off the board.

Amelia continues to look at Meredith, like she's about to cry. That house was the one of the things she had left, that reminded her of Derek.

Callie sighs, "Are they here yet? Oh, did I miss it? Tell me I didn't miss it."

"No." Meredith told them.

"I almost forgot." Maggie admits.

"I can't wait to see the beads of sweat on their freaked-out little faces." Callie said, as Alex walked up to them.