𝐱𝐱𝐯. 𝐠𝐞𝐭 𝐢𝐭 𝐨𝐮𝐭

ALL I WANT IS YOU 12x10

"I am fine," Meredith assured the counselor that she had to meet with—Bailey's choice not hers. "I am happy to be here. Truly, I have been through a lot, and I'm lucky to be alive, and I'm lucky to be okay, and I get that. So, yes, I'm just happy to be here."

"Great," The man gave Meredith a soft smile. "You know, Doctor, most surgeons, uh, get kind of rankled at hospital-mandated therapy."

"Bailey's just looking out for me," Meredith sighed. "I know the drill. So this should be quick. You know, you chose the short straw, or the— is it the long straw? Whatever the good straw is."

🌹

Meredith banged on the horn repeatedly, trying to get Alex and Jo out of the shared home.

"Lay off the horn, will ya?" Alex slid into the seat beside Matilda, slamming the door beside him.

"Please," Matilda begged, her head pounding from drinking so much the night before.

Her and Meredith hadn't talked about Ryan or Jocelyn since the day she told her about the man—which was about a week ago.

Matilda came over the night before to hang out, wanting to get away from the stress Jocelyn not getting off the damn couch and ended up drinking way too much.

"God, carpool sucks," Alex complained.

"Hang on," Maggie frowned.

"You are the one begging us to come get you," Matilda muttered.

"Is Wilson coming?" Meredith turned.

"I think so," Alex sighed looking at the car floor.

"What do you mean you think so?" Meredith asked.

"I can't—" Alex sighed. "Look, she's all over the place. I don't even know why she let me back in the house. We barely talk, which is probably good because it's fewer chances it'll piss her off again."

"That's pathetic," Meredith shook her head, looking at Alex through the rear view mirror.

"What's her problem?" Alex looked between Maggie and Matilda.

"She's in a mood," Maggie said, making Matilda hum in agreement as Meredith continues pounding on the horn.

"Still?"

Jo opens the car door, "I said to tell her that I needed a minute."

Matilda realizes that Alex is sliding right into her and then she's smooshed against the door.

"You didn't tell me that," Alex insisted.

"Yes, I did. You didn't listen," Jo rolled her eyes.

"So done with carpool," Meredith sat up straight looking at Matilda through the mirror. "Don't quash Matilda."

Meredith pulls out of the parking lot, tires squealing loudly as the five sit in the car silently.

🌹

"Boom. I'll be in, I'll be out. These sessions shouldn't take all that long," Meredith pursed her lips.

"But before we start, Doctor, I was assigned to your case and if you would prefer a female therapist, I would be totally comfortable with that," The man started off, giving Meredith flashbacks to the last time she had to do therapy sessions.

"Oh, because it was a man who attacked me?" Meredith sat still, legs crossed and hands linked.

"Yeah," He nodded. "And it's important that you feel that you're with the right person, that you feel comfortable, that you get what you need."