𝐱𝐱𝐱. 𝐦𝐞𝐫𝐞𝐝𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐡𝐚𝐬 𝐚 𝐝𝐚𝐭𝐞

I AM NOT WAITING ANYMORE
12x15

"We'll start with Kelsey's double lung transplant first, and then, assuming the procedure goes well, we'll go ahead and do the liver and pancreas," Matilda says.

She'd been called back in a few hours later because she was more familiar with the case than Arizona or Alex were.

"And it has to be all at once?" Kelsey's mother asked with concern.

"Her CF has compromised her lungs, liver and pancreas," Matilda swallows.

"Replace any one of those organs now, and the others are just gonna break down," Alex explained further.

"I know it seems overwhelming," Matilda tried her best to comfort the parents. "The surgery is long and extensive, but this is our best shot."

"I don't want to do it," A sick Kelsey shook her head from the bed.

"Sweetie, please," Her father, Nick, begged.

"Kelsey, you know how important this is," Her mothers eyes welled up.

"I don't care," Kelsey interrupted. "I don't want to do it."

"I hear you. It's a bummer, though. This donor.. is a perfect match— one in a million," Matilda glanced from Kelsey's parents to the young girl. "You know, if we do this now, you can make your Spring Formal."

Alex leaned in, "Didn't you say what's his name asked you? Sam? Or Steve? Or.."

"Parker," Kelsey's breathed out.

"Well, I guess Parker can find someone else," Alex shrugged, Matilda nodding in agreement.

"I don't want to go If I can only sit and watch and be pitied," Kelsey shook her head, looking at both pediatric surgeons.

"What, are you kidding me?" Matilda beamed. "With these lungs?"

"They're gonna have to drag you off that dance floor," Alex smiled.

"Really?" Kelsey's eyes lit up slightly.

"Really," Both surgeons say together.

Matilda gives a soft smile to the younger girl, her eyes flicking up to the window to see Meredith looking into the room.

The general surgeon pulls her eyes away as soon as the blondes lock onto hers. She turns and talks to her sister.

Matilda adverts her attention to Kelsey, giving her another smile and a muttered goodbye as she follows Alex out of the room.

"Good. You're free. You awake?" Alex asked Meredith as he and Matilda passed, completely unaware of the fact that his two best friends were fighting.

"Yeah, I'm good," Meredith said, watching Matilda who didn't spare her a glance.

"This is good," Maggie hinted at something that Matilda could care less about right now. All she cared about was getting Kelsey to her Spring Formal.

"Can we not," Meredith pleaded in a whisper.

"You're ready," Matilda lifted her brows, just as clueless as Alex was. "I thought I wasn't ready with Deluca, but now that it's out in the open, it's good."

"What's good?" Alex asked, Matilda trying her best to zone the conversation out, but a tiny part of her wanted to know what she was going on about.

"Thorpe," Maggie said, Matilda's heart dropped a little. She'd heard about this Thorpe guy a little from Meredith—you know, after she told Meredith she had feelings for her. "the military doctor. He asked Mer out. She said yes."