1

March—

It was spring, and flowers were blooming as far as the eye could see.

After getting in the car to go to the Jeon residence, Lisa suddenly felt a little bit of regret.

A week ago, her absent father, Daesung, abruptly found her and said that the Kim family needed to enter into a marriage alliance. Because she was the eldest miss of the Kim family, he wanted her to marry the eldest young master of the prestigious Jeon family, Jeon Jungkook.

When Lisa was in elementary school, her mother, Ms. Eunji, divorced Daesung. At that time, the Kim family did not have the same social or financial influence as it did now nor was there a throne that needed to be inherited. Eunji had risked everything to gain custody of her daughter.

Lisa, who was only a few years old, left the Kim family with Eunji.

Not long after, Daesung remarried and had a new family.

In all these years, Daesung had hardly fulfilled his responsibilities as a father and their father-daughter relationship had been nonexistent. They were practically strangers, so when Daesung approached her about the marriage alliance, her first instinct was to laugh. She wanted to throw her cup of coffee at his face and tell him to scram as far as he could.

However, she couldn't.

Seven years ago, Eunji couldn't take care of Lisa for some reason and sent her back to the Kim family. Later, Eunji was so desperate that she had even asked Daesung for a large sum of money.

Even though Daesung didn't use this debt against them, Lisa hated owing others favors, even more so to the Kim family. So instead of throwing her coffee at him, she agreed to his request in the heat of the moment and sold herself away.

Lisa rubbed her temples as she gazed at the fresh spring scenery outside.

She really was the Virgin Mary, it'd be a pity for her not to act in a melodrama.

"Lili...."1

As she was zoning out, Daesung tentatively called out to her.

Lisa turned around and saw the complicated emotions written all over his face.

"What?"

After mulling for a while, Daesung finally said, "You remember everything that Daddy told you before, right?"

As he was afraid of Lisa throwing a fit and ruining the relationship between the two families, he had listed out a long string of precautions for her to take note of before leaving. He was close to having her sign a letter of guarantee in black and white.

"Don't feel wronged... Daddy's doing this for your own good. I don't want you to feel so stressed in the future... Jungkook's blindness is temporary, and there is hope for a cure. The Jeon family has already invited internationally renowned experts to check up on him regularly. It's very possible that his vision will return one day..."

Lisa really did not understand Daesung. Since he didn't trust her, why on Earth did he come find her? Was he so muddle-headed because of his old age?

She listened drowsily and interrupted him impatiently, "En, okay–I didn't sleep well last night, I'm going to take a nap; tell me when we get there."

After she finished speaking, Lisa leaned against the seat and closed her eyes.

Daesung was speechless.

About half an hour later, the car drove through the lush and green scenery of the wealthy neighborhood and stopped in front of the Xie manor.

Lisa was woken up by Daesung and opened her eyes in a daze. After adjusting her expression, she followed him out of the car.